Goal of the Week

Discussion in 'Community' started by dxp4acu, Jul 20, 2005.

1. dxp4acu macrumors regular

My friends and I play Winning Eleven 8 (an awesome soccer game) all the time, and I have a goal of the week on my website. This week we have six goals to choose from, and I want as many people as possible to vote for their favorite.

http://propheticfuture.blogspot.com/

Just click on the pictures for the videos.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I'm going with goal #2. All around good play.

5. dxp4acu thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, go to my blog first. There will be 6 or 7 pictures to click on.

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Where?

Attached Files:

7. dxp4acu thread starter macrumors regular

That's a good question. It works on Firefox and I suppose IE. It should work on Safari (I love Safari, I hate when things don't work on it!).

8. dxp4acu thread starter macrumors regular

For those having trouble seeing the site before, I fixed it to work on IE and Safari.

Hope that helps.

9. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

#2 was the best all around goal. #6 reminded me of a Barcelona goal on Madrid where the goalie was absolutely schooled...

10. dxp4acu thread starter macrumors regular

I can agree with that. I think I liked #4 a bit more, personally, but #2 was quite cool.

Are you from Spain or do you just watch La Liga?

11. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Actually I caugh a match on Fox Sports Soccer [sic]. May spring for the Premiership package when it comes around this fall...

12. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

It was between goal #2 and #3...I picked #2, though the celebrating before making the goal was a little out of sequence...The header in #3 was sweet also...

13. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

I think no 5 is the best. Dunno how you jumped the goalie tho' - you can't do that in Pro Evolution Soccer 4 I think (the UK equivalent of Winning Eleven 8). But counting 3 headers in them? They're really easy to do - sorry! I'll try and find some similar goals.

MOFS

14. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

My pick is goal #2, although it was more the winger's skill in foxing the defender and making the cross that caught my eye rather than the actual finish itself. Good team play!

I think the defenders in goal #1 were distracted by the cameras going off in the crowd. ;)

15. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

speaking of soccer (and sorry for borrowing your thread, dxp4acu) but I just LOVE your Subbuteo avatar Jaffa Cake!

16. dxp4acu thread starter macrumors regular

No problem- living here in America we don't speak about Soccer enough!!

I just got into soccer recently, actually, and I'm looking forward to following an entire season once it all begins.

How do you guys manage to follow all the different teams? I guess I could just pick a "favorite" in each league, but not really sure which team(s).

17. dxp4acu thread starter macrumors regular

Actually- the only reason I put 3 headers is because I played with 5 other people this weekend, and they wanted a few of their goals up there. Those just looked the best, IMO.

I absolutely love this game, though. Just got it back in May, so I haven't mastered everything yet. Moved up to 4 stars yesterday.

Post any goals you have MOFS. You excited about PES5?

18. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Yep! PE5/ WE9 should be awesome - hopefully they can get the proper liscences (sp?) for the kits, team names and players. I hate playing as "Teeside" versus "Tyneside"! :mad: Better commentary would be great, and better goalies, but all those are pretty easy to fix. EA's FIFA though...bleurgh. :(

Can't post my goals up - only got a PS2. Will try to find some lovely ones tho'. I liked your goals tho' - still don't know how you jumped the keeper. :confused:

19. dxp4acu thread starter macrumors regular

Hehe, my friend (who jumped the keeper earlier) did that to me twice last night. Man, he's got a knack for it, I guess!

Since I use the PC it's easy to patch, so I don't play with names like Tyneside.

20. iCe Cube macrumors regular

WE8, is that what it is called in the States? It is Pro Evo in UK anyway. It is a magnificent game! Way better than Fifa, which cares too much about realism and presentation rather than pure gameplay

21. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

22. iCe Cube macrumors regular

My big bro beat me 7-0 last night in a France v France game. Holy ****, he chipped my keeper 4 times with Henry!

23. dxp4acu thread starter macrumors regular

Nice. I've never scored more than 5 in a game w/ my ML team, but last night my friend I played a game between the two Milans, w/ Inter beating AC 8-7. It was a 30-minute "grudge match".

He beat me 4-2 in a 30-minute bash w/ Ajax and PSV. Never had this much fun playing soccer before! Any sports game, actually (except maybe ESPN NFL 2k5). So freakin' intense!!!

Why so many chips? Did he set his controller up to do them easier? I find I always overshoot w/ the default chip settings.

24. iCe Cube macrumors regular

He is just really good at them now! He often gets in one on one situations which gives him a chance of chipping.

25. dxp4acu thread starter macrumors regular

Who's fault is that?? :D