God, I can not catch a break....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CHROMEDOME, Aug 13, 2006.

1. CHROMEDOME macrumors regular

For the last almost 3 weeks I've had a stuffy nose, thought nothing of it and it kinda got better. Last week I got a bad sore thoat and was like wtf, then it hit me...I have mono. Mono sucks and it lasts for a long time but this is the worst possible time for this. I have to start college in 4 days, I can't miss my first days of classes. I missed the skateboard contest yesterday and I could have gotten 2nd at least and got a whole bunch of free product. I haven't seen my girlfriend in about a week and she leaves for Oregon soon, so I don't even know if I'll get to see her before she leaves.

And to top it all off...

I checked my voice mail today on my phone because I've been letting it pile up and there were 8 new messages. Ben from the Apple store wants me to come in for an interview this week.:mad: Great, I put in my appt like 3 months ago and they call me now. I'm going to call they back tomarrow but I don't think anything will come of this.

:mad:

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

By "Mono" do you mean Glandular Fever "Infectious Mononucleosis"?

Have you been diagnosed? You can suspect all you want but until you go to the doctor and get diagnosed you can't say it's anything.

3. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Wow I'd love to work for the Apple Store! I hope your feeling better soon though

4. CHROMEDOME thread starter macrumors regular

Yea i got a blood test on thursday...results came back postive on friday.:)

5. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I feel for ya buddy I've had it too :( My entire year 12 was screwed because of it

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Bugger. That sucks mate. Hope it doesn't last too long.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Feel better soon. There are probably others in the chain, sick with you, aren't there?

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

No, but you caught mono pretty easily. ;)

Joking. Should you check to see if your girlfriend has mono as well? I know you don't always get it from kissing, but did you pass it on to her at some point?