God Kills Soldiers Because US Supports Gays

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XNine, Mar 24, 2006.

1. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I just saw on one of my local news channels, a story about how a law will be passed prohibiting funeral protests here in Colorado. The protests are specific to soldiers who died in Iraq.

The reason the protesters are there: "God is killing our soldiers because we support homosexuality in the United States."

Some of the picket signs read of course:
    "God hates fags, God hates the USA," and my favorite "Gays Kill Soldiers."

:rolleyes:

And here I thought I lived in a state which was more proactive on co-existant living.. Guess I was wrong.

Anyway, this is just one more example of the stupidity of Pat Robertson's disciples and brethren.

GOOD JOB AMERICA! Way to support our troops when they're doing a job they're ordered to do!

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

3. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Also being discussed in this thread.

I believe the protestors are from the Westboro Baptist Church (not affiliated with Pat Robertson's "disciples and brethren").

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

5. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

This is the news station: http://wb2.trb.com/

But can't find anything worth a damn on the site anyway.

6. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Google can point you to a number of news stories about the proposed bill in Colorado.

As Thomas noted, this topic has come up before in recent history when other states have considered similar measures. One story I read said that Indiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Wisconsin have already enacted laws similar to the one proposed in Colorado, and another 27 states are considering it.

7. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

My favorite God hates Fags picture:

14970827.GodHatesFagsW.jpg

I wish I could find the larger version.

for those who cant read, the two people on either side of Phelps have T-Shirts with "He's" and "Gay" on their shirts.

Funny how I dont see the word HATE anywhere in the Bible....yet they quote it.

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

The gay agenda is wide and cruel! In addition to killing US soldiers, we like to steal candy from babies, throw itching powder into your dryer with your laundry, pee in your lemonade, and rape defenseless children. Beware!

e

9. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

These guys have been in the news before. They're idiots. If they showed up at a funeral I was attending, I'd walk over and break their signs over their heads.

EDIT: John Hinderaker at Powerline, a lawyer himself, has argued that there shouldn't be a law passed, but these kinds of things should be left to "informal sanctions."

link
    Actually, it seems to occur 128 times.

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword...1&searchtype=all&limit=none&wholewordsonly=no

But that doesn't mean these people are right.

10. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

I think we're brothers...

LYLE: sorry, I would have provided a better link, but at Work I'm restricted from Search Engines. Thank you for providing a couple. :)

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wow the ballz on some people...talking about God did this and that.....boy i tell ya some people are just stupid...thats it plain and simple.

Bless

12. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Some of the most ignorant, uninformed people are dedicated members of an organized religion. You're either with us... or against us.

If you're against us... you must be evil.

13. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

That is some of the most disrespectful things I have ever heard anyone say... both toward the soldier's grieving families and to my religion. "Christians" like this are, IMO, missing a large part of their religion... a bible! If they ever picked it up and read it they would learn that Jesus preached peace and love and stressed to love one's enemies. The plain and simple fact is: GOD HATES NO ONE!!!!!!! You could be a multi murderer and God still loves you... (it is an unfortunate circumstance that the said murderer chose to distance himself from god.

I would like to give them a piece of my mind... in the form of a Mk. 12 thermonuclear warhead. :p

14. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

OK, now I know the Bible definitely doesn't cover that.

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They've seen the verses talking about love, but they're told that it's only directed toward them. I've been with people who have been carefully guided through church services and sunday school to keep them ignorant.

How else would you find people against cutting women's hair or dancing or music in the church?

These people know that other Christians are terrible and that God wants them to repent their sins. The fact that they've chosen to pick up on certain things while ignoring others is the great thing about Christianity. It can be whatever you want.

I like that but they'd probably tell you that you weren't Christian.

16. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Thats the problem with a lot of organized religion and the media. Only the psycho nut-jobs are deemed news worthy. You never see the really down to earth, cool Christians (or muslims, or any other religion) that you would actually like for a friend.

17. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

in reference to the title of the thread

not to be a smartass, but... well. duh.

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Even when you do, they end the story with a somewhat hidden sarcastic remark.

Where I live, I'd rather know the muslims than the Christians because the everyday Christians are out of hand here.

19. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I am curious, where do you live? I have had pretty good luck here in CA with churches.
    There is a muslim guy at my school who is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. Far from current world stereotypes.

20. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm in Central Floriduh but I'm planning to move to the Los Angeles area soon.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeesh- I can understand why you're moving. Good luck.

22. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I like the way you spell it. Is it me, or is Miami stuck in the eighties?
    Good luck coming out here. Maybe me, you , Dr. Q (I made a rhyme!), and a few others can have a Mac Rumors BBQ or something. :D

As for the OP, isn't there a biker group that is keeping protesters away from soldier's funerals or something?

23. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Not sure, all I saw this morning was some Representative that's FOR the bill talking about how in his opinion the views and expressions of these people are disgusting. They didn't add the reason behind the protests until it panned back to the news girl and then they wen to another story. WB2 news isn't that great, they tell the story how it is without going into extreme detail though. Plus there's one newscaster on there who's just hilarious. He's got the dryest sense of humor and always makes a comment about something.

24. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's nice here, but people are flaky. I just moved back from WA.

As I said in the other thread, this is not the place for protests. If it was an antiwar protest, I'd have a problem with it too, despite being very much against the war now. You just don't do that at a funeral. I like that the bikers are protecting the families of those killed without resorting to violence. I'm not a violent person, but I don't know if I'd have as much composure. These people are nuts, and every good Christian should be speaking out against them every chance they get. They should also be arrested. I'm all for protesting, but this is not the place to do it.

Rev. Phelps beat his kids too.

25. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I concur on all four points.