God punishing Florida?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SPG, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

I came across this and thought it was pretty funny. Not that hurricanes, death, and destruction are funny since they're not, but this graphic and analysis is pretty funny and has way more proof than the televangelist (pat robertson?) who blamed 9/11 on homosexuals and liberals who live in NYC.

http://bash.org/GODvsBUSH.gif
    [​IMG]

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

bob morris should have some more data soon.

and i think texas would be seeing some of this action, too.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

This is really funny, but can anyone confirm this map?

4. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

I can confirm after exhaustive research and consultation that it is indeed a map that looks not unlike the state of Florida.

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

"...And I smite thee down oh electronic voting machines, I wipe ye from the face of thine earth and cast thou down into the abyss from whenst you came oh demon that runest Microsoft CS...and then I saw it was good(eth)..."

Seriously, my heart and feelings go out to those in Florida...no-one should have to endure four hurricanes in six weeks...Dealing with Bush X 2 is punishment enough...

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The map is inacurrate...Gore actually won more counties, its just Bush and Co stole those votes ;)

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Wow, good. Its been a long time since I've had geography. :rolleyes:

8. sethypoo macrumors 68000

That is one interesting map. Looks accurate, too. I guess God is a Democrat!

9. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

My heart is warmed, that this sunday, many here are once again turning their minds and hopefully souls to God.

How about a big GOD BLESS AMERICA!

10. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

The fact that some web site offers a theory on the wrath of god doesn't have me worried. What DOES have me worried is that Jeb Bush, the governor, said that these storms are indeed a message from god.

“God doesn’t follow the linear projections of computer models,” Bush said outside the emergency management center, whose roof caved in during the hurricane. “This is God’s way of telling us that he’s almighty and we’re mortal.”

So I ask you Jeb, just what sins are those elderly folks accused of, and exacly why did god target them instead of you?

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

actually, i'm thinking about the notice i got the other day that my health insurance rates have gone up, for the second time this year.

how about a "where's health insurance relief for 45 million uninsured americans and the self-employed?"

i think it's a federal disaster. but only florida will be getting federal disaster money.

12. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I think Edwards has most of it, I know that is how he got his 50+million.

13. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

Edwards represented one of many kids who had his lower intestine sucked out of him by a drain system in a pool. The company that made the drains knew there was a dangerous problem but decided it would be cheeper to make the drains that way and fight the lawsuits.
    Whose side would you be on? The pool maker that goes ahead knowing there's a dangerous problem so they can save a few bucks? or the family of a little kid who has to live what's left of his life without a lower intestine because of a greedy business?

If you want to talk about where families made their money, how did the Bush family establish it's wealth? Before oil, W's grandfather was prosecuted for war profiteering by trading and investing with THE NAZIS! and not before Pearl Harbor either, but in 1942 while we were at war with them.
    Cheney? Haliburton had a subsidiary that was doing business in Iraq throughout the 90's. During this same time Cheney went on the record on several occasions giving speeches at conferences denouncing the US bans on trading with terrorist nations.

14. sethypoo macrumors 68000

No one is without sin. I'm sure that at some point in those "elderly folks" life, they too sinned, like Jeb, like me, and like you.

15. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

Well then you need to be smited! Me too! Should I smite myself? Or should I start smiting the whole world first and save the self smiting for last?
    Lemme know...

16. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

The only time haliburton was working for the government on a true no-bid basis was in the 90's, for mr impeached. But then again big al's group gave haliburton an A+ during this period, was cheney there then? Interesting aint it. I hope you are as angry with business in iraq during the oil for food scandal-billions to the french, germans, and russians, who of course didn't want the money nipple to stop with the invasion.

Are there true problems with product development and are there needed lawsuits, absolutely, but to make tens of millions on others misfortune, is why one million dollar airplanes cost ten million, why $200 health insurance costs $500. instead of higher health insurance, maybe we ought to get rid of all the doctors, then they can stop mangling us all. While not a solution I would advocate, it is the one developing by default.
    I am sure that you think edwards is a crusader, and I tend to agree, as a north carolinian, he has crusaded for himself, to the point he knew not to run for re-election. He couldn't win his own state in the primaries. Irskin<sp>bowles is running for his spot, and you will never see a local ad of him and kerry or edwards together-gee I wonder why-being such pillars of the common man. Yes we know of mr edwards, here they showed the ads of him giving lessons on how to sue a company, how to make a company look wealthier than it actually was, "pumping up the value" as he would call it, why, bigger award, why, bigger fee.
    Look at places like this for thousands of inane lawsuits and awards. My favorite one is "Dis-Orderly Conduct".
    Yes we need thousands of edwards types to save us all from swallowing toothpicks, playing with toasters in the bath, flying airplanes with enough gas to only take off. We should put these people incharge of the senate so that they can ensure that their lawyer buddies continue to make out.

17. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Since it is voting season, I vote you start with you. :p :p :p

18. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

what does that even mean? which group? an A+ in what kind of scoring system? during which period? am i to assume "big al" is gore?

substantiate your statement, please.

19. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

Stu, you seem a little fired up today, and so I ask you to look at the big picture for a moment.
    Who is looking out for you?
    Have you ever noticed how many opportunities there are to get ripped off out there? Your house and car both have locks on them I assume? You don't leave large amounts of money sitting on the front porch in plain view? The money you put in the bank is FDIC insured? When you go to work you expect to get paid for the hours you work? When you're at work you don't expect to have to do anything obviously dangerous? When you drink water you don't expect to be poisoned?
    Contrast this to what goes on the third world, life is short, people often don't get paid if they can work at all, you get hurt and it's your own tough luck. Water will often spread diseases if it's drinkable at all.
    Why do you think the US is less like a third world country? Regulation and litigation. Don't think for a minute that there aren't companies out there that would love to screw you over with dangerous products just to make a few extra bucks. Not all of them of course, but plenty of them. What keeps them in check? The expense of getting caught.
    The republicans are so in bed with the narrow interests of business over the average citizen that I can't recall a single piece of legislation or policy that actually favored the average citizen over the big businesses or the extremely wealthy who own them.
    Are there ridiculous lawsuits? Sure, and they get thrown out of court on their merits. This whole straw man argument that litigation is killing the doctors is a load of crap. Insurance rates have not dropped for doctors in any of the states that instituted caps on jury awards.
    Everybody's heard of the woman who won $3 million for suing McDonalds because her coffee was too hot, right? Well here's the rest of the story, on appeal the award was lowered to the point where it barely covered her medical expenses. Those medical expenses included numerous skin grafts and operations. That area's McDonald's had received over 700 complaints from people who had been burned, yet they kept overheating their coffee. The jury in the trial was very skeptical towards the woman's claims, yet they chose to award the maximum.
    I will gladly live in a society that will have the occasional wild lawsuit that gets tossed out than live in one where there is no recourse when companies take advantage of the system and put lives and safety at risk for a few dollars profit.

20. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

From one of the first sights on a google of "doctor shortage liability insurance"

from the same article
    Ironic its from mass aint it.
    spg, you should start your own show on this subj cause most are reporting otherwise.
    I'm sure the Khurds will agree, and they are thankful that saddam is not there to keep them in that crap.
    Absolutely, and believing a lot of the malarky here is much the same, but I work hard at finding the propper ground. There are thousands of gun laws but it doesn't stop those problems. Legislation is less the problem than education. You might have missed this discussion between meta-ghost and kuyu here posts 164 & 174.

21. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm sick of these bull**** links of yours. what's so friggin' hard about linking to a URL?

22. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

for the google challenged

23. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

1. These storms could be the result of a rogue weather satellite.

2. The weatherman don't predict the weather they make it, and one must owe their Florida bookie too much money.

3. Another test of you friendly government testing out the weather making machines.

24. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

is this supposed to be a slam?

it is a forum custom, and was nearly implemented as a rule, that links be provided. you continually paste text and then say it's easy to find. maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but the point being that we shouldn't have to waste our time trying to find your sources. provide links, it's not hard and nearly everyone does it.

when you do not i conclude that either you don't respect us or the forum, or you know what you're pasting is bull****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.