God Told Me To Invade...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Whyren, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

This isn't actually the first time I've heard this. It *is* the first time it's gotten to the major news media, though. Two years too long, but hey, if it shows Bush for the looney he is, better late than never.

Of course, there is his Christian base who will take this as encouragement rather than be frightened.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Donald: It's 106 miles to Baghdad, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

George: Hit it...

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

In our country, we call that "schizophrenia".

6. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Where's the surprise?

Ever watch those American documentaries when you hear soldiers talking about how God is on their side before they enter the battlefield. And then we cut to the enemy saying that his God is on his side. So much absurdity of it all.

George Bush is on a 'crusade'. <--- His own words.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I think if you turn over "God is on Our Side," you'll find it doesn't say "Made in USA" on the bottom.

9. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

You say Jehovah, and we say Allah; You say Jesus and we say Mohammed. JHWH, Allah, Yeshua, Mohammed, let's call the whole thing off.

10. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

This is just silliness, is it necessary that every 50 or so years people just get really silly.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Well, now that it's established beyond reasonable doubt that you lot have allowed a certifiable lunatic into the White House twice, what are you going to do about it?

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

The bigger question is what he's going to do about us. With our new Chief Justice, we're acutely aware that an all-expenses paid trip to a quaint harbor town in Cuba is a distinct possibility now.

13. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

George Bush is not a lunatic. I believe he is a good man; just look at his wife Laura. The woman is a class act.
    He's just a product of his own upbringing. Well to do, white, old money with good connections. Is he the brightest guy in the world? Of course not.

I wonder what kind of person he would have become if he didn't have the Bush name and didn't have all the connections while he was growing up.
    I'm thinking middle manager at some factory someplace.
    The most frightening aspect of the guy is his religious convictions. It really is. Like most religiously deluded people, he sees what he believes. Not the reality.
    I think the traits of a great president would be someone who has a scientific rationality, with a insightful analytical style backed up by a massive knowledge base with a good dose of wisdom.
    Wisdom being the key there. Of course personability helps in the equation being a politician and all.
    I've met A LOT of smart people in my lifetime as of yet. But I've met very very few wise people. I've often wondered why that is. Wondered quite a bit.

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's the first thing that ever pops into my head when I hear the words 'mission from god'. That and penguins...

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Any evidence of this? A lot of "classy" women end up with complete twats for husbands.

16. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Isn't that anatomically... oh, never mind!

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I thought you'd like that....
    :)

18. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    I figure he'd be another burnt out wino living in a Midland, Texas trailer park. He'd sit out on one of those nylon mesh fold-out chairs with a warm glass of boxed wine that was freshly poured from the container in the trunk of his rusted-out cordoba. He'd eventually pass out and dream of saving the world..until he'd fall from his chair, bruising his face to the extent that he'd tell his social worker that he'd choked on a pretzel.

well thats how I see it.

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Don't you mean "Freedom Rugs"?

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He lost his first election to a deeply religious man and swore it would never happen again. Despite his claims, he does not act like a religious man. He couldn't even quote a Bible passage when pressed for his favorite. I should be amazed people fall for it, but I'm not. I'm always suspect of someone who wears their Bible on their sleeves.

On the other hand, he does seem to know about some parts of the Bible. You know, like the Apocalypse. He's playing right into that one.