Goin' in for Surgery...

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacAztec, Jan 21, 2005.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

So, I got a hernia during a football game in October. It never hurt at all, but it was just there. The doctors said I could finish up the season, no big deal, and get it fixed up later on. Well today, I am getting it fixed up. I am kinda nervous, never been under the knife before. I just thought I would make a little thread about this so I have something to read when I get home. Anyone ever had a hernia? Or surgery? Yea... I am leaving in about 30 min so I am gonna go get ready.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Local or general anesthetic? Either way, it's the weirdest thing...

"Count back from 10 please"

"10, 9, 8.....(night, night)"

...and the next thing you know it's all over. You'll be fine, don't sweat it :)

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Good luck MacAztec, although I realize that you will be reading this Post-op. The important thing is to follow the Post-op instructions that you are given. As surgery goes a hernia repair is pretty simple and routine.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I won't tell you how the office manager here removed a hernia on her horse... But let's just hope the hospital uses a slightly different method. :eek:

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

7. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Back from the hospital. Hurts like hell. I guess they found out it was a double hernia, one main one with a small hernia right next to it. They fixed em both. I m waiting for my prescription of Vikadin and then I will just be web surfing. I had a general anesthetic, i passed out quite nicely.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

From your post, thought that you might be back home today. Many surgeries are the outpatient type. My wife just had and arthroscopy done that way last month. Just be sure that you follow the doctors order with taking the viocadin. What type of post-op orders did you receive? I hope that you will carefully follow them. Then your post-op recovery will proceed smoothly.

Welcome back MacAztec. ;)

9. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Do what they tell you. Don't strain that area too hard. Don't want a reoccurrence or to break some blood vessels. And its Vicodin, BTW. I did a report on it not so long ago...:D

10. iGary Guest

iGary