Goin' to Disneyland tomorrow

Discussion in 'Community' started by CubaTBird, May 19, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Tomorrow im goin to disneyland with the rest of the seniors from my school... its the official "senior day" i guess... discount price though for us to get in.. any particular attractions to go to? i have not been to disneyland in like 6 years... anything new? :eek:

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I hope that you will have an awesome time CubaTBird. I haven't been to Disneyland either. It should be a great time since they are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the park. If its anything like DisneyWorld, all the rides are super. Hope that you will post some pictures of your "Senior Day."

3. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Get FastPasses for:

Indiana Jones
    Autopia
    Big Thunder Railroad
    Splash Mountain

Those are the big 4 I remember...

What you do is grab the FastPass and then take another ride or two, then head back to the original ride and you get to cut in front. (FastPasses are amazing!)

Hit the Matterhorn up fast, there are no FastPasses and it is a GREAT ride. :D

Essentially, hit every thing fast and early. But those 5 are the hardest to get on.

A few "didja knows":
    1. Main Street is built to a 9/10th scale to make it more inviting to small children
    2. At the top of the Matterhorn there are some ski supplies, labeled the Wells Expidition. Well, Mr. Wells was CEO of Disney and died in a helicopter accident (1994). That's a tribute to him.

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Naw, it's still the same crappy, overpriced waste of time it has always been. I went there for the first time last year with my girlfriend and her kid, and I was seriously not impressed. But maybe that's just me. I tend to be cynical and I don't like amusement parks, so my opinion may be too biased...
    Have fun though!

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Lucky you, I wish we got to go to Disney Land.

Last week my whole grade went to Play Land which is the local theme park here. The rides are fun, but what I like about Disney Land is it's not about the actual rides; but the themes of the rides. They have all the special effects and the exciting line queues.

6. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Cool. Does this "senior day" take place after park hours? I would like to recommend some rides, but heck they all rule (ok maybe that's a bit overboard :D) But when I went there in December it rained most of the time and all we did was go on "It's a Small World", that ride got a lil boring afterwards.

I'm not sure if they'll have it on, but if they do have it on while your there watch Fantasmic!. Really great show that takes place at night on Tom Sawyer's island and the River's of America.

Well have a nice time, and be safe! :)

7. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Dude! The Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror in MGM are my favorites! Rockin Rollercoaster goes like 0 to 60 in like HOLY CRAP! Definitely get onto that one! :D

8. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Space Mountain

We had Physics Day at Cedar Point in Ohio when I was in school
    Our Senior Day was a Senior Skip Day

9. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

There is a BUTTON on the BACK of the FASTRACK boxes that if you play around with will give you unlimited passes ;)

At least thats what my friend claims :rolleyes:

Disneyland

Disney World rocks. But i think hes taliking about Disneyland (CA)

(And the Rockin Rollercoaster does kick ass)

10. armandocerna macrumors regular

This:

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Disneyland.html

is the only site you need. There are a whole bunch of hidden mickey's in the park. Like the plate and the saucers in the haunted mansion make a mickey mouse head. Really fun to look for. Enjoy your time. I went there when I graduated. I remember it being a pain because there was so much you couldn't bring or wear. It was fun though. I was really tired =)

11. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Space Mountain is being refurbished.... 2005 it opens! YAY!

12. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

Are you going for grad night? or during the day? cause if its for grad night DO NOT get on the rides, it is a complete waste of time, go to the clubs they put on, Power 106 is there, so is KIIS FM, and KROQ, they are sooooo good, they sometimes have bands and singers there, when i was there for grad night Power 106 had Snoop Dog, west side connection and mac 10 i think along with the radio personalities, and there are SOOOOOOOOOOOO many HOT girls there too.

13. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I was over there last month.. just before Space Mountain reopened.

I also recommend FastPasses!

Work out which two rides you want the most - and grab FastPasses for them!
    Indiana Jones I thought was very cool... and I think now you can only get a limited number of FastPasses in a certain timeframe.

I was worried Disneyland was going to be too kid oriented and "all-american-wholesome" but had a ball!
    No way one day was enough... but was just passing through.

They certainly know how to move alot of people around! You queue up to queue! but most lines move quickly - if you have Fast Pass!

14. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

just got back.. WOW... freakin' awesome.. it was me and like 7 other seniors(went as a group when we were at the park)... seriously good times.. we stuck together like through out the entire time... we went on all of the rides cept like 2 lol... naw but we made the most of our time and it was freakin' awesome.. i mean seriously.. any seniors that didn't go seriously missed out... and yeah space mountain was down for reconstruction... said would open this summer though... but like i noticed a bunch of the rides got small upgrades, which is always a good thing, and yeah got those fast passes too which worked out really great.. this is a trip i won't forget for a while. :)

15. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Cool, glad to hear you had a good time!

What rides got the small upgrades?

16. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

well i think star tours got a facelift in the cabin that you sit in, somewhat.. and the pirate ride seemed to add a new exit thing where there are like bat eyes staring at you as you are exiting the ride.. something i don't remember ever seeing and the haunted mansion i think seeemed to have a few more ghost additions that i never remember seeing before.

17. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

When your going up the exit ramp and right after those two pirates are trying to steal that gold, right? Those bat eye's have actually been there before :)

But now they can't say they have 999 happy haunts anymore, and no one can "volunteer" to be the 1,000th, ;) (for those of you who don't know, the host ghost say's this line after you get off the elevator.)

18. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah your probably right lol :p i guess its because i have not been to disneyland in like 7 years haha so i forgot some stuff lol ;)

19. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

OH but autotopia seemed to get a major change... like the cars looked diff and the place where you wait was a diff place... than i remember from a long time ago

20. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Although I don't think it was a recent change, that was an update to the Autopia. The cars look more futuristic and the track is a bit different, at least I think towards the end of it, haven't been on it for a while. And while in line the cast members give you a lil "driver's license" and they have that big screen that say's jokes and inside this area while in line, there's these hologram movies.

Out of curiosity, what time did this trip take place at?

21. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

got there around 10ish and kicked it there throughout the day

22. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Oh so this was during the day. Was the park open to the general public as well? I ask this because I have some family that's there right now.

23. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

eh yeah, a ton of people were there... open to everyone.. we just had passes to go in with our school

24. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Oh ok cool (that means they got in :)) Well glad you had a good time!

25. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

crickey - Space Mountain is STILL down? It was down when I was there in June; that is nearly a year... for one of their best rides.

Disneyland is fun, but I have an even softer spot for Magic Mountain ;) I grew up in L.A. and miss it terribly, you lucky bugger.