going away

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dagless, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

well im off to Spain in just under 12 hours, but i plan to be sleeping most of them. going to the under-used family home, just me and my girlfriend. first holiday away from parents and all that :)

should i take my PowerBook? theres a should I/shouldn't I battle going on inside my head. i mean theres no hotspots or anything so i'd be cut off from the outside world. and i am taking my Gamecube. opinions?

back in 10 days from midday tommorow :cool:

y'know i'm not sure why i'm going. dont like the heat! my dream holiday would be Norway or the very tips of Canada or Iceland. suppose Caroline will have to put up with my moaning instead :D

2. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Leave it. It's technically possible to live without it for 10 days, though it's kind of pushing it. ;) Without internet access, the GC will be more fun anyway.

Have a nice trip :)

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Leave both the Powerbook and the GameCube. Find a café in the shade. Enjoy.

4. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Only thing I would consider it for is DVDs. If you can live without it though, do; you'll probably have a better holiday!

5. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

If you're planning on taking pictures, it might be convenient to copy some down to your lappy...

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    First holiday away with girlfriend and no parents and you're taking your Gamecube? :confused:

Leave all the technology at home and just go chill...

7. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Bring the iPod and leave the rest at home. I recently spent a weekend without any computers and it was actually quite pleasant. It actually took me a couple days after returning home before I actually used one again. hmm... I think I need to go on vacation again :D

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish you all the best on your trip. If you don't have any use for your laptop, then I would just leave it at home. Unless your girlfriend is gong to use the Gamecube also, think that I'd leave that at home also. It could be an adventure without technology.

9. scu macrumors regular

It is a tough call. I take my iBook on every trip. I need it to keep track of reservations and downloading pictures and videos of the trip. I usually don't have the net so I do enjoy being away from it.

10. OryHara macrumors regular

my thoughts exactaly, leave both

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I don't know 10 days with out a PowerBook sounds tough- I could not imagine not using my Power Mac G5 for that long of a time.

Enjoy your trip.

12. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Are you kidding me...

-Vacation with girlfriend
    -No parents
    -Beautiful Spain

Take nothing... :rolleyes:

13. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

since their will be no internet access, the only reason why i would bring mine is to put my pictures in iphoto and edit my home movies while on the plane or on some down time.

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I agree, I am heading off to Sf at the end of the month and decided that the PB was staying at home. At least I will have my Treo 650 to remain connected if I really want to.