Going back to computer games - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by naventus, Oct 15, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2008
    I had a PS3 for a while, but really have no time for it. I'd prefer just simple games. I was wondering if people had recommendations for simple PC games to play - I saw the new World of Goo - that looks good. Maybe even something like Dwarf Fortress.

On a side note, I have a Gefen HDMate for hooking up the PS3 to the ACD left over if anyone's interested.
  2. macrumors 68000

Mar 28, 2007
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2006
    WoW. It's simple: You pay $15/month and you get to turn your waking hours over to your guild. How could that be any simpler? :)

4. macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2008
    Another vote for track mania nations forever. Look up under bizzlefats or my steam name bpjccr
  5. macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Darkplace Hospital
    Peggle - without any shadow of a doubt that game is addictive as... hell? I hate that term, how can something be as addictive as hell?

Portal is a good puzzle/FPS (without the guns) that's also very addictive. Maybe also check out some indie games - Cave Story is a good free adventure game. Knytt has got no fighting at all and lets you explore big worlds. Then there's my own New Satan Sam but it's hella difficult (them last 3 games being free).
  6. macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2008
    I am totally addicted to this new Sudoku/Tetris I just got...
    You use falling number blocks to complete a Sudoku grid!

Plus, the game works with the built-in motion sensor in my Powerbook... every time I tilt my Mac, it makes the tiles move on screen! Genius!

7. macrumors 6502

Sep 19, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Trackmania, Team Fortress 2, Portal. All good. Kill Monty for mac will give you many hours of fun. I say get Little Big Planet for the ps3 in a week or two when it finally releases. They say it is the reason to get a ps3 if you haven't already. It is getting really really good reviews and looks like alot of fun.:apple:
  8. macrumors regular

Jan 21, 2007
    Portal and Enemy Territroy:Quakewars if you like FPS