Going back to computer games - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by naventus, Oct 15, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I had a PS3 for a while, but really have no time for it. I'd prefer just simple games. I was wondering if people had recommendations for simple PC games to play - I saw the new World of Goo - that looks good. Maybe even something like Dwarf Fortress.

On a side note, I have a Gefen HDMate for hooking up the PS3 to the ACD left over if anyone's interested.

2. macrumors 65816

Infrared

3. macrumors 6502

WoW. It's simple: You pay $15/month and you get to turn your waking hours over to your guild. How could that be any simpler? :)

-mx

4. macrumors 6502

Bfat567

Another vote for track mania nations forever. Look up under bizzlefats or my steam name bpjccr

5. macrumors Core

Dagless

Peggle - without any shadow of a doubt that game is addictive as... hell? I hate that term, how can something be as addictive as hell?

Portal is a good puzzle/FPS (without the guns) that's also very addictive. Maybe also check out some indie games - Cave Story is a good free adventure game. Knytt has got no fighting at all and lets you explore big worlds. Then there's my own New Satan Sam but it's hella difficult (them last 3 games being free).

6. macrumors newbie

I am totally addicted to this new Sudoku/Tetris I just got...
    You use falling number blocks to complete a Sudoku grid!

Plus, the game works with the built-in motion sensor in my Powerbook... every time I tilt my Mac, it makes the tiles move on screen! Genius!

http://www.giantcrayon.com/product_detail.php?prodid=48

7. macrumors 6502

hankolerd

Trackmania, Team Fortress 2, Portal. All good. Kill Monty for mac will give you many hours of fun. I say get Little Big Planet for the ps3 in a week or two when it finally releases. They say it is the reason to get a ps3 if you haven't already. It is getting really really good reviews and looks like alot of fun.:apple:

8. macrumors regular

Portal and Enemy Territroy:Quakewars if you like FPS