Going from PowerBook to a Macbook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Lobos, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Lobos macrumors member

I absolutely love my PowerBook but need to upgrade so that I can run some windows programs. Getting a MBP isn't the most economical thing for me to do at the moment and my sights are somewhat set on a MB. I'm interested in hearing any experience/comments on going from a PowerBook (15") to a MB. It's more the physical aspects (keyboard, size, material, etc.) that I suppose I'm so attached to. Your comments would be appreciated!

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I did the same trade (went from a 1.67Ghz PB to this MB) and I absolutely *love* it. My 1.67 wasn't slow by any means, so the speed factor hasn't really come into play too much, although I do notice a difference. I like the keyboard - didn't take me any time at all to get used to it. I really like the size.. I'm a student and this is much more portable, but with the same resolution so I often forget I'm even looking at a smaller screen. I do, however, have it hooked up to a 19" LCD for more workspace when I need it. I think I'm planning on 'upgrading' to a black one, though (selling this one and just paying the difference) because the white scratches pretty easily - granted, they're just microscratches, but still. Also, going from the aluminum "pro" look to the white plastic is kind of a let down.. I think the black would be a better trade, but that's just my opinion.

Hope this helps some!