Going to Apple Store Grand Opening!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CoMpX, Feb 4, 2006.

1. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Today the Apple Store in the Garden State Plaza is having its grand opening opening at 10:00 am. By best friend and I are going to get to the mall at around 8:30 and wait for it to open. When the mall opens at 10, we plan to sprint to the Apple Store and pray that we get there first. Any tips, suggestions?

Free Apple t-shirt for 1st 1,000 people in there....we will be two of them.

2. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Comfortable sneakers and plenty of patience ... those grand openings can be very chaotic. Enjoy yourself.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wear a good pair of runners, jogging shorts, and remove all your leg and chest hair, as it'll only slow you down.

You're my boy, Blue!

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I wonder if the mall doors won't be open, so you can get to the Apple storefront before 10?

5. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

He might as well toss the jogging shorts ... the chances are good others will let him have his way if he sprints through the mall naked. And he'll have a better story to share with us when security responds to the scene.

6. iGary Guest

iGary

You'll want to get there earlier, if possible. ;)

7. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Yeah, the mall doors are usually open before the stores are. That's when the old ladies go in there to get their daily walk-exercise in. ;)

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

bring an iPod to past the time if ur there really early

9. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

muffin? They are rather tasty and portable..;) Maybe a camera if you have to post your experience. Other than that it's really not much that hasn't been said. Have fun!

10. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Just got here about 10 minutes ago...awesome experience. I walked in and there was just an aisle of Apple employees giving you a high five.....loud music.....AWESOME!! I'm using a Powermac G5 Quad Core.....I really need to test it out. 30 inch monitor..........soooooooooooooooo HUGE!!!!! I'll post pics when I get back! :D :D :D

11. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

Agreed, if one want one of those shirts, get there very early :)

12. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I got there around 8:45, and there were only about 15 people in front of us. By 10:00, there were hundreds of people. The security guards said the poeple in front of us were here since 7:00. Everyone walking by was wondering what all of this was about, it was awesome. Everyone was asking, so what are you going to buy? They don't understand that there's more to it than that. :) I loved the entrance that I mentioned before. I got a free t-shirt and I bought iLife '06, which I'm installing now. Everyone there was really cool, and my friend and I had a good time. I have to teach her everything. ;) We were out of there by 11:15, and we got satisfaction by walking past the endless line of people holding our Apple bags. Overall an excellent experience. :D I will post pics later, they are from my phone and I need the PC to import them....uuugh.

13. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I made an iWeb page. Sorry the pics are bad quality, I forgot my camera so I had to use my phone. Let me know what you think! :)

iWeb Page

14. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

Cool. Myself and amacgenius made a 100 mile trek to the Eastview (Victor) New York over the summer.

15. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Cool! Fun stuff...I need to take a road trip to an Apple store sometime soon.