1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Going to buy my 1st MIDI Keyboard..Tell me what ya think...

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by AJ Muni, Nov 1, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Im going be buying this keyboard and wanted to know what you guys think about it. Im going to be using it with garageband.

2. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

A genuine bargain. The weighting and wheels all feel very nice, especially considering how much they ask.

3. macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Yep, that's good one.

Unless you are a piano player and really want hammer-action keys, Then look at the Keystation Pro model, but at a fair whack more cash.

4. macrumors 601

zimv20

amazing how inexpensive controllers have gotten over the years. i've still got an oberheim xk in my basement...

5. macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Ya that's a good un'

I prefer a smaller Midi Keyboard so that it fits snuggly on my workstation. Also, I like my MIDI controller to have knobs and sliders so I can assign them to the software. This is the one I use. The one you're going to get will be better for piano playing because you won't need to push a button to go up or down in octaves.

6. macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Thanks guys, when i got to the apple store they actually had another one with 49 keys, for only $99, compared to the one with 68 keys for $169. I liked it because it was much smaller, perfect for my desk. Again, thanks for the feedback guys.