Going to Trondheim

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Macaddicttt, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I guess this is more for our Norwegian members, but I'm going to Trondheim this summer to visit my girlfriend and I'd appreciate suggestions for things to do. I went last year, and I think perhaps we exhausted all the possibilities for just staying in Trondheim itself. Does anyone have any good ideas for day trips or weekend trips? I'm looking for things that are within range of a comfortable car or train ride. We're thinking of taking the train to Oslo and staying with her grandparents for a few days. Oh, and last year we went to Røros, so we've already done that.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

2. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Only been in Trondheim once... nothing to do... really dull place... :D ;)

4. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

And yet it's supposedly a college town... :rolleyes:

But no, I'm not really looking for things to do in Trondheim itself, just things to do that are in the neighborhood, something within driving distance. What are the must-dos in Norway that are somewhat near to Trondheim? I would like to go to Bergen, but I think that's a bit too far to not fly.

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I actually cannot think of anything but Munkholmen, near Trondheim... :eek:

And Røros is the only really suggested daytrip on trondheim.com's guide service...

Bergen might be a bit far, Oslo is easier to get to by car or train. Even if the drive down Møre og Romsdal and Sogn og Fjordande, with nice peaks and fjords (and spectacular places like Trollstigen and Sognefjorden) to Bergen could be a very nice drive. You could even stop at Stryn and do a bit of skiing at the summer ski centre (Norwegian link)... :)

6. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt