Going to view a C2D MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gillms1, Jan 9, 2007.

1. gillms1 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I won an eBay auction for a 2month old 2.33Mhz 15.4" CD2 MBP, as the seller had no previous eBay rating he agreed I could pick it up and pay cash on collection. Can anyone please help me with regards to what I should look out for when I'm testing the laptop? (if anything). The laptop still has 10months left of it's 12month warranty - anyone know if Apple have a problem with these being transferred to someone else?

Thanks in advance,

Sunny

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

The warrantee follows the machine not the owner. Since it is still under warrantee you can still buy Applecare for it. That might be a good idea on an unknown machine. You might be able to call Apple with the machine's serial number and have them see if any repairs have been made on it.

Otherwise, make sure all the original disks come with the machine and run disk utility to make sure everything is working. I can't think of anything else but there have been other threads on this. Best wishes.

3. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

If the original owner purchased it under some form of special agreement (like Apple Developer's Connection), it cannot be legally sold within the first year.

Or rather well it can be sold but if you need warranty it won't be honored.

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

If you're going to view it make sure you take someone with you or make sure someone knows where you've gone, there's no harm in watching your back, especially if the seller has no previous feedback.

5. gillms1 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the suggestions!

I asked a mate to come with me, the guy I'm buying off the laptop sounds friendly enough but I guess you can never be too sure. Just hoping this all turns out to be fine because I'll have saved myself a packet! :)