Gold the vaule and how to sell?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacEffects, Mar 21, 2006.

1. MacEffects macrumors 6502

I have a great deal of Gold from old electronics, I have been getting for years, now I need to know how to value you the Gold, and prepare it for sale (if needed), where do I sell them at? And what are these worth, I have small parts and a nice little jar full, so any help at all would be GREAT! Please help ;)

2. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Wow! I didnt know it was possible to get so much gold out of electronics. I knew it was there, but i though that it was in such minimal amounts it wasnt worth it. Obviously it is! :) :cool:

Would it need to be melted into a transferable bar or something? Would you say there is enough gold there to make a ring out of? Maybe the jewellers would be interested...
    ......just an idea. I have never sold any gold myself. :)

3. MacEffects thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I don't want you thinking there is a large amount of Gold in each thing, I am just saying I have been doing it for a long time and this is all I have :rolleyes: There is way more then enough good Gold to make many Rings etc... How do I refine/melt these down???:confused:

4. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Well, the melting point of gold is 1064 degrees, so I dont think it can be done without the correct equipment ;). The jewellers would probably have a heater of this calibre, depending on how big the jewellers shop is. Otherwise the website recommended above by mrfrosty is probably a good place to start. :)