Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
Yes, they come with a handle.

It's got a 35" shaft so you'd need to be fairly tall for this - it's not a juniors putter.

Hope this helps.

UserofMacOSX

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2007
Luray, VA
Whether they come put together or not is the question. I've seen them come with the head and the handle separate and together.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
I'm worried about the length, is 35" a bit too high? I'm about 6 feet plus plus...

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
I'm about 5' 10" and I think about 33" is about right for me.

You could always get it cut down if you got and decided it was too long. Shouldn't cost you much at all to get it cut down. Pro shop near me will do them for the price of a grip.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
The price is really amazing and I just couldn't resist. Thanks for the advice!

Dandaman

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
soCal
I would invest in a really nice putter early in your golfing career since it is most associated to feel. Once you get acquainted with a putter, you will not want to switch away from it. That's why Tiger's only non-Nike club in his bag is his scotty cameron.

I prefer a shorter shaft, mine's 33" and I'm 5'10". It just feels so much more comfortable plus I feel like I have more control.

daniel

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I'm worried about the length, is 35" a bit too high? I'm about 6 feet plus plus...

It all really depends on your posture. I stand pretty upright, and I use a 35" putter (I'm 6'2"). If my posture gets to be more crouched, I'll either grip down on my current blade or use a shorter-shafted putter (maybe 33.5"). The best thing to do is get custom fitted by someone who knows what they're doing. There is absolutely no substitute for a putter that fits to you, rather than the other way around. It's the fastest way to a consistent stroke, which will in turn lower your score. Length isn't the only consideration, there is lie angle, face angle, heel/center shaft attachment, etc.

Go see a recommended professional to get some hands-on help.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
I'm about 5' 10" and I think about 33" is about right for me.

You could always get it cut down if you got and decided it was too long. Shouldn't cost you much at all to get it cut down. Pro shop near me will do them for the price of a grip.

i'm 5'10" and all my putters (three of them) are 33". but try before you buy. and remember, it's a lot easier to take away length than it is to add it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.