Goliath - iDisk made way better

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by amin, Aug 6, 2005.

1. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

Many of you probably already know this, but for the .Mac users like me who were unaware, there is a little free app named Goliath that makes access to one's iDisk way faster and better. I just stumbled across it today. I did a search here and didn't see any recent obvious threads covering this, so pardon me if everyone already knows about this and I am wasting space/time - I'm guessing I'm not the only one who has been unaware of this for years now. Here's a good thread from 3 years ago (boy, am I way behind) that covers what you need to know.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I use Goliath for another non-iDisk WebDAV.... Very nice, although it'd be nicer if OS X could connect to it (it's running on Novell) without using Goliath. Whenever it tries, it fails miserably -- Panther and Tiger. Goliath is not too bad, although it'd be nice if it had a more cocoa-esque interface. But I have found it pretty reliable.

One little thing I noticed -- You can take the saved session info file and bookmark it in the right hand side of the dock, instead of putting Goliath in the left-hand-side -- that way, when you click it, it immediately opens a session. :)

3. amin thread starter macrumors 6502a

amin

Thanks for pointing that out. Makes it way better indeed.