Golly Gee it is lonely for me here!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Nov 12, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

With a few exceptions I feel like Neo fighting off a billion replicant Mr. Smiths......... :p :p :p

I enjoy the banter but my fingers are tired, I hope there are a few of the silent lookers that might agree with some of my planks. Please... a word of encouragement or even some from those that disagree but enjoy the banter would be welcome.

Yes this is a blantant plee!
    :p :p :p

2. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

you are correct, oooopppps

And sometimes they all look alike to me :p :p

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Golly Gee it is lonely for me here!

Genuinely, why do you think that is?

(I'm not American so my political views are irrelevant in this case)

5. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Because it is the nature of those here.

There are other forums that many here would be banned that I would be more welcome.

It could be the nature of macusers who are generally more artistic, and therefore generally more liberal.

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Stu, I'll bite on your shameless sympathy ploy.

I appreciate your contributions to the forum, as I always enjoy new viewpoints.

A word of friendly advice:

Much of the reason I frequent this forum is that it forces me to tighten my arguments/positions and makes me a better critical thinker. There are many intelligent people on this board, regardless of their politics and I have been humbled many a time.

You get from this forum what you put in. If you advance well-thought-out and verifiable arguments, you will well be responded to.

Although I am sure you feel surrounded by a sea of Liberals, that is not the issue, imo.

You just have to be willing to make better-constructed arguments. I know you are able to, I have seen some, but all to often you seem to substitute hyperbole.

FWIW

7. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I have made many mistakes, this forum has made me sharpen my pencil.

Since I don't need a link to everything, I often overlook it, and have been trying to get better at it.

When I got back I looked at some of the threads and was astonished at the amount of "same think" here. It is amazing to me, but then again I guess I couldn't stand being in one of my own. Sitting around agreeing on everything all the time would drive me crazy.

I have been broadened by my time here, by some, angered by others, confounded by the rest.

I have also noticed a change in some for the better since the election, and hope I would have taken it as well as they had I been on the other side.

It was good to close the forum down.

Thank you for your post.

8. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

If you're asking whether you're the only person here who voted for Bush, well, no, that's not the case. I just tend to be more of a lurker on most of the threads in this forum, especially those where the topic has more or less been beaten to death and there's not a lot of new information coming from either side of the argument.

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

"There is no spoon."

I, for one, may disagree with some of what you say, but I do enjoy the conversations. I dislike it when the attacks become so personal or hateful, because that advances no one's cause, and only serves to disenfranchise others who may have wanted to become part of the conversation.

Heck, I don't care if you are some flag-waving, ultraconservative, hyper-religious, liberal-bashing zealot with sub-average IQ, as some here would tend to believe simply because you fit into the "I voted for Bush" demographic. ;)

Keep up the postings - it makes me think more about my own beliefs, which is important. If I can't question them, and find any decent way to defend them should it become necessary, then I really don't deserve to even attempt to champion them.

10. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Hey, watch who you call "flag-waving" there, buddy. ;)

11. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

you forgot jesusland neocon! The rest may be accurate, ignorance is bliss!
    :p :p :p

12. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

There are other conservatives here, but just because they are more willing to accept other ideas you don't seem to count them. That could be a reason?

But at least you are getting all the attention you want.