Good 13" MacBook air sleeves

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by foiden, Nov 30, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

I'm looking to get a good form-fitting padded sleeve for the New MacBook Air 13". I care little about space on the bag for other items, but more for something that doesn't add much size to the machine itself when carried. Some good suggestions for the 11" here, but anybody have opinions on 13" designs?

2. macrumors member

I like my brown leather Incipio. It fits and smells like a fine glove.

3. macrumors newbie

where did you buy your incipio leather ?
    Could you make a quick review ?

4. macrumors 6502

PirateP

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I'll check out the incipio. I've seen a few good mentions of that sleeve.

6. PirateP, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

macrumors 6502

PirateP

Let us know how you like it. I'm a big fan of Waterfield, but I do like Incipio cases for my iPhone.

P.S. That looks like the old version of the case. ???

7. macrumors regular

iNotion

[​IMG]

Is it this sleeve? It looks nice but it doesn't close on top.

8. macrumors 68030

I use suede jacket sleeve from waterfield. It protects from scratches and keeps the MBA slim.

9. macrumors 6502

I'm using the Waterfield SleeveCase. I like the additional padding for protection, but is still slim enough to compliment the form of the Air.

10. macrumors 6502

same here, very pleased :D

11. macrumors member

The Incipio is soft and creamy with an aged look right out of the package. The MBA slipped in small end first and the fit was tight. At first I was concerned that it was the wrong size or for the previous version. It took me a little while to figure out but once I got the hang of it getting the MBA was a snap. The trick is to hold the case upside down and apply slight pressure to each side edge so that gravity gently removes the contents. Holding the case upside down alone won't do it and pulling on the MBA with fingers shoved into the case only locks it into the case tighter. Genius, really.

I love the fact that it has no flap, snaps, or zippers and yet protects my MBA in style. If Apple were to make a case for this jewel, it would be just like the Incipio.

12. macrumors 65816

I ordered the Waterfield Sleevecase yesterday. Thanks for the tip!

13. macrumors newbie

Just ordered mine today! I hope it will serve well!

14. macrumors newbie

GraceinAction

waterfield suede jacket sleeve

I bought a suede jacket sleeve for my 13" MBA and it is exactly what I wanted to protect my mba. It is still thin and light but keeps it from scratches.

I ordered the day before Thanksgiving and it was at my door on Saturday.

Amazing considering I live on the other side of the US!

15. macrumors 6502

PirateP

The Waterfield SleeveCase is a perfect fit. I absolutely love it.

16. macrumors 68000

I think the Incase sleeve (not the zippered case) is the best for the Air if you're not looking to break the bank. It is snug with a faux fur inner liner, neoprene on the outside perfect for slipping in bags for traveling.

They seem to be out of stock all over the place, so I went to fleabay and picked one up from there.

17. macrumors 6502

jmoore5196

I've had a burnt orange Incipio sleeve for my two Air iterations; I think it does a superb job for what it is. It is not a full-fitting case, but the price and quality seem more inline with my expectations than a lot of the InCase pieces I've seen lately.

18. macrumors regular

treynolds

Regarding the Waterford Sleeve:

Ditto for me. 13" Waterford sleeve with flap, leather trim and suspension shoulder strap. Protects my Air well and slips into the interior compartment of my notebook backpack. Great workmanship. I'm not super crazy about the shoulder strap, as it's heavy and bulky, but everything else about the Waterford is great. Highly recommended.

19. macrumors regular

iNotion

Can't agree more. That's why i bought one through ebay...

20. macrumors member

no advice for a sleeve with a good tradeoff point between price/quality (i don't want to dent my MBA while going here and there during the day) and that also european can buy?

thanks in advance!
    ciao!

21. macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

same here, the incase sleeve is the best. Buy it on eBay.

22. macrumors regular

I'm absolutely in love with this sleeve, and can't wait to get it :3

http://www.nedrelow.com/sleeveforipad.html

23. macrumors 6502

PirateP

Why did you get the strap? I got it without so I could pop it into another bag.

24. macrumors 68000

gwsat

This is my sleeve. I love it. It looks elegant and is so thin, it acts as a liner for the sleeve that is built in to a Marware bag I use when I travel. I got the Incipio from Amazon for $28.99, including shipping. I regard the Incipio sleeve's open top as a feature, not a bug.:) It is the perfect solution when I am running around locally and want to give my MBA reasonable protection but also have it available for use quickly and without any hassle.

25. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm trying out the incipio sleeve, so far. Not the leather one, so it cost me $20, total. It's technically made to go in the bag, though I'm still wondering if that dip in the top leaves too much unprotected. Otherwise, it seems to be a nice sleeve. I'm tempted to try one of the other suggestions just for personal comparison, since the incipio one was cheap enough.