Good 17" PB cases/backpacks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by imaginaryponds@, Apr 19, 2004.

1. imaginaryponds@ macrumors newbie

I ordered what i've been waiting for in the form of a 17" PB with 2GB of ram, the 9700 graphics card, and the 5400 rpm HD.
    now i need a case!

When traveling it's important that i have room for a lot of stuff. My Mbox, two or three external HDs, two microphones, various cables, a sweatshirt, a book, etc. Does anyone out there have a really good *huge* 17" carrying case or backpack? i'm more worried about fitting everything than i am about looking stylish...

2. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Australia's STM do a backpack I think I will get if I get a 17 this week.

http://www.standardtm.com.au/backpacks_loop.cfm

Worth comparing against others

3. djkny macrumors 6502

Go Brenthaven -- the 17" Backpack Pro.

Amazing comfortable over the shoulders, durable like crazy, detachable sleeve, pockets everywhere. There's also a lifetime warranty.

4. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I second the Brenthaven suggestion - I had a Waterfield Cargo bag for my 17" - great bag but it hurt like hell after hauling stuff around for awhile. The Brentahven may not look like much but I can stuff a ton of drives, Wacom tablet, etra bat., etc. in it - not uncomfortable at all. As an added bonus it does not scream "I have 4K+ of gear - steal me!" For more reviews take a look at the PB forum at Macnn.com - they have a sticky forum about bags.

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I carry a 17, an M-box, 2 Maxstor 250Gb firewires, a Neumann U87, cables, an umbrella and gloves, an iPod, a Swiss Army knife, a Maglite and a bunch of paperwork in mine, and I'm thinking of letting the side pockets out to students as accomodation...

Serious bag... :D

6. imaginaryponds@ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys! I'll go for the Brenthaven!!! (now i just have to wait for my computer to arrive!!!)