Good all-in-one for uni?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SpookTheHamster, Sep 5, 2006.

1. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I'm getting myself a Macbook for uni, and because Apple are doing a £60 rebate if you buy a printer with a Mac, I'm going to get my printer from them. I haven't bought a printer in years, so I don't know what's good/bad at the moment, I've always thought of Epsons as cheap rubbish (because our old C42 sucked), but the ones on the Apple Store look quite nice.

Out of the ones available on the british Apple Store, which would you recommend? I'm looking for an all-in-one, and I'd like to save my pennies if possible.

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

First of all, since you're at Uni, you're getting the Higher Education discount and not the normal Educational discount, right? Secondly, I would be very wary of the printer rebate. I bought a printer with my mini back in Easter because of the rebate. The documents online only ever mentioned a sales receipt, I called up the Apple Store and asked them about this and they weren't sure about what I should send since Apple doesn't give you anything called a sales receipt when you order online. They agreed with me that I should simply send everything that Apple have ever sent me. I printed out my online account details with Apple, every email Apple sent me in regards to the order and included all the documents that arrived with the mini and the printer. A few weeks later I got a reply back saying my claim had been denied because I hadn't supplied a valid sales receipt. I called Apple up and they didn't have a clue, telling me I should email an address they gave me. I have not received a reply back or any rebate to date. Pi$$ed off.

3. javierbds macrumors regular

My findings (I'm buying in Spain, so maybe they are not all the same printers):

Epsons => Bad quality for text printing Good scanners
    Canons => Very expensive ink (unrefillable, chip protection)
    HP => too much sw, generally bad scanners, some glitches in paper feeding

For me, Canons are off ... :mad:
    Epsons => I mostly do text printing :(
    (I've got a laser but it will NEVER work with a Mac ... OKIPAGE 12 i/n ... OKI doesn't care about Apple: No more OKI printers for me EVER ...
    HPs => I don't like them, but I can refill ... Maybe I'll get one of these :confused:

4. MattDell macrumors 6502

MattDell

My HP All-In-One works great! A lot of my friends have them, too, and we all love them. Try to find one of those!

-Matt