Good app for keeping track of grades? (student)

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by MasterHowl, Jan 14, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

MasterHowl

I'd like a Mac App that I can use to track my grades at university.

I know iStudiez Pro does this, but I'd like an app that only tracks grades (I use iCal to plan my time etc).

Thanks!

2. macrumors 68040

MCAsan

Do you just need to record them....as in Pages, or Numbers spreadsheet.....or....do some math with them? I would think a Numbers spreadsheet should do anything you need done.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

MasterHowl

Numbers would be great, but it would take forever to make a good spreadsheet. I'd need to weight all my units accordingly, use IF statements, conditional formatting, manually make all the graphs/charts etc etc etc.

Surely there's an app out there that does all this, but in a very simple way?

4. macrumors regular

If Numbers would suffice, you could try to look for ready-made grade trackers on the web. Many people publish their templates for others to use freely.

Additionally, I use iStudiez Pro for recording my grades. It brings in iCal data so I still get that aspect while using the calendar entry option I prefer. iStudiez meets my needs for weighting, gpa averaging, homework tracking etc. The only issue I encounter is when I run into a course that uses points verse percentages for weighting.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

MasterHowl

So iStudiez Pro integrates with iCal?

So putting all my lectures into iCal will also mean it appears in iStudiezPro?

6. macrumors regular

That's correct. On the iOS version I can even create iCal events from within iStudiez pro. I imagine it's the same on the Mac version.

7. blatopilot, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

macrumors regular

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

MasterHowl

Brilliant. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for all your replies everyone!