Good AppleCare Stories?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by aricher, Nov 3, 2004.

1. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Thought I'd share my good AppleCare story. Sunday night I was working on my PB 17' 1.33 with it plugged in - the battery drained. Odd I thought because it was plugged in - put in the back-up battery and it darined. Monday 1 pm I took the PB into the local Apple Store and sure enough they just called at 1:30 today (Wednesday) to tell me they replaced the motherboard and have it ready for me.

This is the 3rd great AppleCare service I have experienced - the other 2 times were SuperDrive related and I had the same 2 day turnaround. Sure, Applecare doesn't cover accidents but it sure is nice knowing they can turn around the service so quickly. Please no flaming here - I know plenty of people have had bad experiences with AppleCare - I just wanted to share a good one.

2. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

I like this thread

I have a PB 15 and the latch just stopped latching. Or would randomly pop up. Called apple care and they were dandy on the phone. next morning i had a box and i sent it away. hes the best part. I had lots of dirt in the hindge and they cleaned it out. Its nice a smooth now befor it wouldd make grinding noise ect. and to make it even better my display was uneven (the space between the screen and the computer was different on the left
    and now its fixed plus the latch. Ohh ohh i was a happy camper. Now i have to call apple care today my usb on the left side isnt working. hopefull another good story.