good bag for my powerbook ?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by thevessels, Nov 29, 2004.

1. thevessels macrumors regular

Apr 6, 2004
    im just looking for some more good name brands to shop for

i have a 15 powerbook that needs a new case

ive looked at incase and booq - and some are reeeally nice

any other brands or places you would recomend?

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Jan 8, 2004
    Back in the motherland
  3. JasonL macrumors regular

Feb 13, 2004
    Ware, MA
    My 15" PB travels in a Tom Bihn Empire Builder, complete with custom-fitted Brain Cell. I've yet to see any bag that matches this one in's bombproof and chock full of features. To top it off it's made in the USA.
  4. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
  5. betsbillabong macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2004
    I bought the incase backpack, and really love it. It's quite sleek but holds a surprising amount of stuff - I've been using it as a gig bag with my MIDI keyboard (oxygen 8) and headphones. It's also a reasonable price - $79 at the Apple Store. Some of the bags people recommend here cost close to $200, which was way above my budget.
  6. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    A month or two ago I bought a Crumpler McBain's Love-Child (extra large) for my 15" Powerbook, in order to have an alternative to the rather large Very Busy Man bag I already owned. The more I use this new bag, the more I love it. The extra large size is harder to find though, at least at discount resellers - and that is the size you'd need.
  7. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Oct 7, 2003
    personally i like to just use any bag that can fit the powerbook, because i carry other things besides a computer for a day bag. So i don't really like computer specific bags. I like just something light and thin to protect my computer from scratching. so i can put it in another bag and the case won't take up too much space. So i like the radtech ( powerbook sleeves, or the bags for that (<--kinda pricey, but doubles as just a slim laptop bag if thats all you need to take with. Its slim and versatile)
  8. Lonewolf macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2004
    I bought a Brenthaven for my 17 inch Powerbook. It has padding to spare. Made for the Powerbook, it is a sturdy, well made pack. Purchased at Apple Store. :cool:
  9. advres Guest

Oct 3, 2003
    I use the Acme sleeve for precisely the same reason. I just throw it in my normal messenger bag and I am good to go. I have no complaints except for the price but it is very padded and durable.
  10. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

Nov 11, 2004
    Denver, CO

helped me decide on a case

btw, i decided on the booq bp.3 system
  11. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Sep 3, 2004
    London, UK
    Brenthaven all the way, dude. I bought mine from the Apple store when I got my new Powerbook and I absolutely love it. It's got lots of padding and more pockets than I will never know what to do with, and the computer compartment is removable! It may not be as flashy and funky as some bags out there, but since I use it for work and take it with me to client meetings I prefer it not stand out too much.
  12. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    I agree 100% with Stampyhead - go Brenthaven - durable as nails - I've had mine for over a year (HEAVY usage) looks brand new. It also doesn't scream "I have over 5 grand worth of gear in me!'
  13. Jdm_rsx macrumors 6502

Nov 26, 2004
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    that site was very helpful but so far i still haven't decided what to buy yet...

14. dav macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2004
    Hate to hijack, but can anyone recommend an inexpensive sleeve that will protect the ibook from scratches, etc.. Just to place in my backpack. I will not subject it to severe jostling :)
  15. gost8go macrumors member

Dec 2, 2004
    I been happy with my booq for my powerbook 17. I think it was a little cheaper than some of the others on here, for sure vs. Acme. It's tough and looks cool.