Good business card stock for inkjet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nagromme, Jul 20, 2005.

1. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I don't want dotted perforations going around each card. Non-glossy with clean edges that don't LOOK home-made. (Printable on both sides.)

Am I dreaming?

(I use an Epson C86. Software templates I don't care about--I can make my own if needed.)

Exciting topic, huh? :)

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

3. nagromme thread starter macrumors G5

nagromme

Thanks.

I wonder if there are any clean-looking cards that don't use a peel-off backing sheet like those do? (I want to print both sides.)

My X-Acto knife is smirking at me. It knows I'm going to have to do this by hand...

4. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

hmmm, there's no peel-off backing on the ones that i have. once they've been printed, you just snap them apart - no peeling needed. which ones were you looking at that had a peel-off backing?

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

the same with mine....Avery 8871 don't have backing

6. nagromme thread starter macrumors G5

nagromme

Cool!

I was looking at the 8871. On the Avery site they say "print your cards, peel away from the backing" or something like that.

Just an error on their site I guess. Maybe some other Avery product works that way. Thanks for the info!

7. nagromme thread starter macrumors G5

nagromme

Oops. Word to the cheap: the OfficeMac Clean Cut clone is not the same. It does have a peel-off backing still.

You get what you pay for I guess... luckily I can still exchange for the Avery.