Good competition for the iBook? Definitely ...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Tamer Brad, Jun 25, 2005.

1. noaccess macrumors 6502

Hey, you're right. That is SERIOUS stuff there.
    Hope this sells so good Apple will finally update the iBooks... this Tuesday ;) .

2. Tamer Brad thread starter macrumors regular

Hahahaha xD

I won't be swayed ... I already decided I want to switch to Mac, but to say that computer isn't tempting is a complete lie.

3. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

4. Tamer Brad thread starter macrumors regular

Most people aren't going to think that way. Can you really not acknowledge this is good hardware?

5. noaccess macrumors 6502

Yeah... out of all the non-apple stuff this is the only thing that really caught my eye. And 4hours battery life with wifi on... that's not bad.
    Hope Stevie's biting his nails in his office in front of Safari right now looking at what his competitors have to offer. God, I'd love to see that :D.

6. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

I don't care about hardware except with regards to games and no laptop is going to provide me with the gaming experience that I want.

I do however care what my hardware runs and no laptop except the iBook and PowerBook line runs Mac OS X and the software associated with it.

In fact I would argue that most people don't care about hardware anymore, computers annoy them enough as it is.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

To be a true iBook competitor it's gotta look good..

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

This thing just b**chslapped the iBook in the face and slept with it's sister.

If Apple started offering something similar, you'd all start worshipping Steve.

The only thing I don't like are the colour plates. There should be 2-4 colours to choose from, but that's it. No top-covers.

9. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

so true.. remember in the cnbc interview when jobs said "we still have great ppc products in the pipeline"? well i figure thats the new ibook.. i mean what else? the powerbook hit its peak already so what's left is the ibook.. :eek:

10. Tamer Brad thread starter macrumors regular

I think this thing looks better than the iBook. Can't stand the weird grey accents on the iBook that make it look kinda like a toy.

11. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

the 10" version is tempting for me, cause the company only allows wintel products. I have ended up with a dell x300 . This lil 10" would probably make me happier, and be cheaper.