Good computer gaming store near you?

Discussion in 'Games' started by diorio, Jan 15, 2003.

1. diorio macrumors 6502a

Aug 22, 2002
    There is this awesome new store near my school that has: high speed internet access, and lots of new cool games. They charge $3 an hour to play their games on their network or the internet. Some of the games they have are: Jedi Knight 2, Medal of Honor, WC3, URT2003, Half life, return to castle wolfenstein, ect. Anyone else have a cool gaming store they frequent? Also on Saturday nights, they have lockins. It starts at 10pm and goes until 7am, pizza and drinks provided. $20. Not bad.
  2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

Feb 7, 2002
    that's awesome.... where are you at? a city? or what?

what kind of computers...?

sounds like an awesome setup though.
  3. DaedalusDE macrumors regular

Jul 15, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    there used to be a lan gaming center at WOTC in Roosevelt Field mall... but then they got rid of all of their computers and became a ... GHASP... Yu-gi-oh/ pokemon store and now they just went out of business... RIP Wizards :(
  4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    Seeing as how we go to the same one, it's in a city. It's actually surprised me since it is on the "old" end of town that tends to have little in the way of commercial setups. They set up in a small shopping center. It is fine by me since it is a 5 block walk though.

They have custom built PCs, about 15 it looked like. The place is quite a bit of fun in the afternoon when everyone shows up.
  5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Sci-Fi City, here in Orlando, Florida, has 6 computers hooked up to broadband and each other. I've forgotten how much it costs (out of my range) but it's cheaper than quarters in an arcade. :)
  6. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2002
    I wonder what the cost of maintaining such a facility is. If it is profitable, I might consider doing it. What I can think of, is you have to pay rent obviously, Broadband, game software, and keep all the computers up to date, and running smooth. It would be a blast, as you could play games all day and be earning money.
  7. diorio thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 22, 2002
    Colorado Springs. It's a city of about 500,000. I'm not sure at the kind of computers, but they are very good. When everyone shows up and a game of counter strike or unreal or WC3 starts up, it is almost like heaven...
  8. couch potato macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2003
    there is a place called NexGen near me, and they get every popular game. never been there, but hear people talk about it all the time. i doubt they have lock-ins though