Good computer gaming store near you?

Discussion in 'Games' started by diorio, Jan 15, 2003.

1. diorio macrumors 6502a

There is this awesome new store near my school that has: high speed internet access, and lots of new cool games. They charge $3 an hour to play their games on their network or the internet. Some of the games they have are: Jedi Knight 2, Medal of Honor, WC3, URT2003, Half life, return to castle wolfenstein, ect. Anyone else have a cool gaming store they frequent? Also on Saturday nights, they have lockins. It starts at 10pm and goes until 7am, pizza and drinks provided. $20. Not bad.

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

that's awesome.... where are you at? a city? or what?

what kind of computers...?

sounds like an awesome setup though.

3. DaedalusDE macrumors regular

there used to be a lan gaming center at WOTC in Roosevelt Field mall... but then they got rid of all of their computers and became a ... GHASP... Yu-gi-oh/ pokemon store and now they just went out of business... RIP Wizards :(

4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Seeing as how we go to the same one, it's in a city. It's actually surprised me since it is on the "old" end of town that tends to have little in the way of commercial setups. They set up in a small shopping center. It is fine by me since it is a 5 block walk though.

They have custom built PCs, about 15 it looked like. The place is quite a bit of fun in the afternoon when everyone shows up.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Sci-Fi City, here in Orlando, Florida, has 6 computers hooked up to broadband and each other. I've forgotten how much it costs (out of my range) but it's cheaper than quarters in an arcade. :)

6. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

I wonder what the cost of maintaining such a facility is. If it is profitable, I might consider doing it. What I can think of, is you have to pay rent obviously, Broadband, game software, and keep all the computers up to date, and running smooth. It would be a blast, as you could play games all day and be earning money.

7. diorio thread starter macrumors 6502a

Colorado Springs. It's a city of about 500,000. I'm not sure at the kind of computers, but they are very good. When everyone shows up and a game of counter strike or unreal or WC3 starts up, it is almost like heaven...

8. couch potato macrumors regular

there is a place called NexGen near me, and they get every popular game. never been there, but hear people talk about it all the time. i doubt they have lock-ins though