Good deal and is it worth it?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by brushedred, Aug 1, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2009
    So I am on a really limited budget so I am choosing between a used white (early 2008) 2.1ghz 2gb memory 120gb Macbook that I found for $550 or a brand new pc laptop (I dont have any particulars in mind) for around the same price. Is the price I found the macbook for a good deal (it is in good condition and comes with apple care) or should I opt for the pc laptop that is more powerful?

Also, will the macbook at its specs perform well on a 22" external monitor?
  2. macrumors 68000

Sep 27, 2004
    Knoxville, TN (USA)
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

I'd always opt for a good apple laptop over a PC. That being said, the price is pretty good. The laptop probably listed at $999 brand new. AppleCare is a definite plus. Keep in mind I'm a bit biased since I prefer macs over any other platform.
  3. macrumors 6502

Aug 12, 2008
    Florida Panhandle
    Trying to keep an open mind, I would suggest the macbook, if for stability alone. The price seems good assuming as you said it was in good shape. You are one a mac forum so you can see where most everybody here stands.
    Good luck with your purchase.
  4. macrumors 68020

Aug 11, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Sounds good for the macbook.

If you want a PC, get the PC. If you want OS X, get the apple.