Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Look nice, might want to upgrade your RAM and your OS(to Panther)

IF you don't need the laptop part, you might think about a desktop, normally less cash for equal or more power. This Laptop also does not have wireless internet built in, so you would need to sit down were there is a internet cable, so a lot of your laptop uses might be thrown out right there.

After RAM, OS and AirPort upgrade the laptop will start adding up, but if you don't do anything that is "demanding" you should fine with Mac OS 10.2

If you can only upgrade one thing about this Laptop I'd go RAM or AirPort card, then OS

kammron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Calgary Alberta
from what ive read, its already running panther.
i would only be using it in my oom and i have internet there so internal card isnt a neccesity.
im also looking at powermac desktops either g3 or g4

BlueT

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2005
I think you're wasting your money spending $380 for an outdated machine. Buy a Mac Mini for $400-450 and a CRT for $50 and you'll have a system that loads better than that iBook.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
it does have panther, which is good, if your bring your laptop to class you can take notes which would be nice

only think u might want is more RAM, because Panther Min is 128MB, and i always find it good to have more

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Weren't these G3 iBooks the ones with the Logic board problems? Maybe that's why it's a refurbished unit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.