Good Deal or Not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davidjearly, Sep 26, 2006.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Well after just upgrading my lovely 17" G5 iSight to a nice new shiny C2D 17" 2.0Ghz and buying my girlfriend a nice new MacBook, I couldn't really afford another MacBook for myself and decided I needed the portability for Uni work.

So... I just bought the latest revision of the 12" iBook G4. It has 512 RAM, 40GB HDD, Airport, Bluetooth and all the rest. I plan on maybe upgrading the HD and RAM depending on how much warranty is left on it, if any.

I got it for... £370 shipped with not a mark on it. Did I get a good deal? I think it is ok, but just wanted other people's opinions.

Cheers,

David

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I personally think that it was an OK deal. My school sells the same computer for $800 (new) and you can get a refurb Macbook for $1000, which is only about $300 more than what you paid.

But you needed a portable laptop and the iBook is still a very good computer. :)

3. Lau Guest

I reckon so. Considering UK prices (comparing US$ isn't quite the same), and the fact that I bought my iBook new for £700 6 months ago, it sounds pretty good to me. You wouldn't get a second hand MacBook for anywhere near that price, and it's a good little computer.

I'm a bit sad I'll only get £350-400 for my computer when I sell it, to be honest. :D

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Our local Currys is flogging those models off for £499, so even with my patchy grasp of mathematics it doesn't look like you've done too badly there.