Good Deal or Not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davidjearly, Sep 26, 2006.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

Sep 21, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well after just upgrading my lovely 17" G5 iSight to a nice new shiny C2D 17" 2.0Ghz and buying my girlfriend a nice new MacBook, I couldn't really afford another MacBook for myself and decided I needed the portability for Uni work.

So... I just bought the latest revision of the 12" iBook G4. It has 512 RAM, 40GB HDD, Airport, Bluetooth and all the rest. I plan on maybe upgrading the HD and RAM depending on how much warranty is left on it, if any.

I got it for... £370 shipped with not a mark on it. Did I get a good deal? I think it is ok, but just wanted other people's opinions.

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

Jun 29, 2006
    I personally think that it was an OK deal. My school sells the same computer for $800 (new) and you can get a refurb Macbook for $1000, which is only about $300 more than what you paid.

But you needed a portable laptop and the iBook is still a very good computer. :)
  3. Lau Guest

I reckon so. Considering UK prices (comparing US$ isn't quite the same), and the fact that I bought my iBook new for £700 6 months ago, it sounds pretty good to me. You wouldn't get a second hand MacBook for anywhere near that price, and it's a good little computer.

I'm a bit sad I'll only get £350-400 for my computer when I sell it, to be honest. :D
  4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    Our local Currys is flogging those models off for £499, so even with my patchy grasp of mathematics it doesn't look like you've done too badly there.