good deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rhodest, Nov 15, 2005.

1. rhodest macrumors regular

I just bought a powermac g4 733 384mb ram 40gb hard drive off of ebay. It came with a 17" dell flat screen monitor and a wireless keyboard and mouse. It was $466. Did I get a good deal, or not?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Sounds like a good deal to me, but I don't know...

If I said no, what are you going to do about it? :confused:

3. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

It does sound like a good deal. Maybe too good :confused:

Could you provide a link to the ebay auction? Better to see it for ourselves.

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yes, I think that with that monitor, it's a great deal. I doubt it's a scam; if it is, it's a very unusual one. The picture is of the actual items, the seller accepts paypal, there are no external e mail addresses, the specs aren't cut and pasted from a website, the bidder's identities aren't kept secret, and there isn't one flat buy-it-now price with no option to bid. Perhaps most importantly, this just isn't the kind of item that typical ebay scammers use. They list much newer and more expensive things that will get many many searches (quad G5) and promise outrageous upgrades.

Of course, this could be a smarter scammer, but I think you just got a great deal. They really do exist on ebay, and in this case, I think the auction, for whatever reason, just didn't get as high as it should have.

Congrats and enjoy.

5. rhodest thread starter macrumors regular

thanks that makes me feel a little better (that i didn't get ripped off)

6. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

7. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

That is the exact computer I use. Well, I have upgraded RAM to 896, new Radeon 64mb graphics card, have a Super drive and a second internal 80gb hd, but it is the same processor and that. Didn't realize my computer was so crappy and cheap now.
    All well, still works fine in OS 10.4.3, with video editing and all!
    So enjoy, it is a great and very flexible/upgradable computer.
    Ours cost $1600 a little over 4 years ago, with no monitor, straight from Apple.

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

My pleasure. :) I think you're going to really enjoy your great deal. Let us know how it goes when you actually get it! :cool: