Good deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dwd3885, Sep 30, 2006.

1. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

Over at Macofalltrades.com there is a Macbook Pro, 1.83 Core Duo, 1.5gb RAM, 160gb hd, matte screen, ati x1600, etc. for $1599. is it a good deal? I was leaning toward the Macbook for 1099, but was going to upgrade the hard drive and RAM anyway.

2. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

That's a nice deal, but I've heard some sketchy stuff about macofalltrades in regards to quality of their products. I think you should ask others opinion of the website first

3. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

ok well forget it then! i think i might just get the macbook then. Now, which should I upgrade first, RAM or HD?

4. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Make sure to ask if anyone else has dealed there. If you get the macbook, get the ram first, it'll make it run fast.

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

RAM first, then HD. i don't know how easy it is to replace a MB HD but i know it's easy to replace MB RAM. maybe you should let Apple upgrade the HD for you and do the RAM yourself.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's not too hard to replace the hard drive. Much easier than in the Macbook Pro.

7. kondspi macrumors regular

kondspi

Macofalltrades is unreliable...
    My experience with them involves sending an email to their Tech Support about an iBook. This was before I bought it so they should have been cordial and interested in maiing te sale. Their response was unhelpful, so I decided against purchasing. Then, someone told me about them selling a G4 with the swing door taped shut with ugly stickers that said: "Warranty void if removed."