good educational/training books?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by miltontong, May 22, 2004.

1. miltontong macrumors newbie

Feb 29, 2004
    toronto, canada
    hi, i'm a proud owner of a new 12" powerbook. i'm very interested in getting into flash, photoshop and indesign...can anyone recommend me any good beginner books for these programs? currently i'm very interested in the cd guides. has anyone ever used these and if so what did you think of them?
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    well, I don't know of any good books offhand. What I do know is that Peachpit Press puts out a lot of books for mac users, so you might check out what they have to offer. Sorry that I don't know the URL.
  3. starcrossed macrumors regular

May 3, 2003
    San Antonio,TX
    Well the training books authorized from the respective software companies have served me quite well, Macromedia's Training from the Source line, and Adobe's Classroom In A Book. Each offer titles devoted to one specific software that does a good job of covering the software to make you feel more comfortable working in it. Like many books they can be expensive, and Amazon would be a good place to get the cheapest price and read many helpful reviews from customers. Also if you are a student, you can do to and save some money on buying a package of all the Adobe and Macromedia books at one time.