Good Financing

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by smsz, Aug 18, 2005.

1. smsz macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2005
    I need to get a new iMac. But with so many places to buy online and in person I'm having trouble figuring out who has the best financing deals available right now. Basically who has 0% for the longest amount of time? Apple has 3 months. CompUSA has until 2007. Any other vendors with good financing deals?
  2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

Mar 15, 2005
    Go to and navigate to the iMac you want to buy. You will see something that says:

"Finance Your PC: Get a new Amazon Visa® Card instantly and pay no interest for 12 months. You'll also save $30 on your first purchase, earn up to 3% rewards, and pay no annual fee."

That is a pretty good deal. Plus, Amazon has rebates on the iMac. Make sure you sign-up for the card through a link by a PC that says "12 months." If you go through the card links on the rest of the site, it is sometimes only 6 months no interest.
  3. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    I personally got a American Express card (Blue Cash if you want to be specific)

Their financing is 6 months no interest

I chose them over anyone else because when you buy it on an American Express card you also get an extra year of warranty :)
  4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

Mar 15, 2005
    That Amazon Visa has the one year extended warranty on all purchases too.

The best American Express deal (when it comes to promotional interest period) is regular Blue, not Blue Cash. The regular blue gives you 15 months of no interest. However, the other benefits of Blue Cash might have made it worth it to you.