GOOD FLYING SIMULATOR GAME.....(advice needed)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Joeytpg, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Hi guys, i'm really into combat jets (F18, F14, F15 etc) and i'm looking for a GOOD-Excelent flying sim. game, not the ordinary flying sim. (in which you fly a passenger aircraft etc.) i want a Combat Game. Any good ones for mac?

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    Battlefield 1942 and the expansion pack really aren't flight simulators per se, but they sound like something you'd be interested in, and it's a good game. If you've never played it before, I recommend you try it out.
  3. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Mar 19, 2004
    A series of tubes
    Flight sims are very limited on the Mac. :( If you like F/A-18s, you might like Graphsim's F/A-18 Hornet OIF. Another sim you may like is X-Plane. This is currently about as good as it gets on the Mac. This may look like a sim with civilian aircraft, but it has tons of free add-ons for fighters, spacecraft, x-planes, and almost anything you can think of. You can even fly space planes on Mars. Even better, you can leave Earth's atmosphere and re-enter with the space shuttle. :eek: :cool: The only downside I can see is that you can't fly combat missions...but you can drop weapons on houses. ;)

Falcon 4.0 was probably the best combat sim ever for the Mac. In my opinion, the best sim ever to be made for Mac was Terminal Reality's Fly!2k.

I think I've heard some rumors of a new Falcon sim for Mac (Falcon 5.0?), but I wouldn't hold my breath to see if we ever get it.