Good for a laugh... :)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by keysersoze, Mar 24, 2005.

1. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

So this is for the niche of people that are smart enough to combine a USB drive with the device to create a FM-modulated player, yet stupid enough to get a device that they can't take with them, use elsewhere, or make compatable with anything else. I'm sure there's lots of people looking for this very thing...

coming soon: another plastic car gizmo that'll get lost under your seats because you never used it.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

aehm..., actuall have seen one of those for $29 at walmart a while ago and i think its quite useful. am i missing something???? or please explain why i'm stupid?

4. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

5. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

It will become one of those free gifts that you get for joining something crappy.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

An FM modulator for your MP3 player is a good idea. An MP3 player/modulator combo, that ONLY works in cars, has a very limited bandwidth, and relies on another device for storage? Just a tad bit complicated?

Bit since it's shaped like a sex organ, that makes up for it.

Now who's going to design the anatomical-looking cigarette lighter to plug it into?

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

a tad bit complicated, and not to mention that it is useless by itself, and will ONLY work in cars!!!

8. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

So, you can listen to mp3s in your car... and it might fit somewhere in your body... what's so stupid about that? Am I missing something?

A

9. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

well, i'm listening mainly to audiobooks. i can leave the fm-transmitter permanently plugged in my car, attach a usb stick (that i get at work for free) with a 20hr audiobook to it. i don't have to worry about it. i don't care if it's stolen, no cables, no battery issues, doesn't matter if its hot or freezing overnight. every two or three weeks i load another book.

of course the alternative is to leave a $400 ipod with my PB backups in my car and trash the battery because i forgot to take it out during a f$%^&^ cold winter night. now that would be stupid.

the shape of the gadget makes for a good discussion with the girls on those cold winter nights as well :D :D

10. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

My car stereo is a tad bit complicated and only works in cars...

To tell you the truth, if they developed a Car iPod (like they mentioned in that Business 2.0 article) I'd buy it over a normal iPod since the car is the place where I listen to most of my music. In fact all my CDs are in there. (probably not a good idea, but I'm not known for good ideas)

11. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I think you just discovered the device's alternate use...

Meh, this isn't a substantial improvement over either a flash player with a cassette adapter/FM transmitter. It is TOO small a niche IMHO.

12. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Yeah, i'm not saying it's totally useless OR that NO one will buy one... but it seems like the marketing team and the technical team didn't mesh on this one. Tho they were likely the same person.

They already have car stereos with HDs built in, or they did... no one bought them, and they're becoming hard to find. Imagine the iPod as your HD-based car stereo, only it can magically go WITH you once you get out!

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that it looks very weird. Doesn't look very practical for everyday use.

14. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

If it has vibrate mode, I'll give it as a present for my wife. Otherwise, it looks completely useless.

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That, and they already have FM transmitters that plug into your car lighter AND offer a much much wider range of frequency bands. The other end will even plug into your iPod so that it keeps the iPod charged while playing in your car stereo. THAT is useful.

The fact that it transfers your songs somewhere else and only plays songs in alphabetical order......hrmm...

16. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    BUWHAHAHAHAHA

17. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

let me think different for now, ok guys?

i have the iCarPlay. it plays my music wirelessly and recharges my iPod simultaneously.

i bought an iPod Shuffle. i would also love to have it play my music wirelessly and recharge it simultaneously.

so actually, i am looking for something like this. would this work with the Shuffle?

18. neut macrumors 68000

neut

we may very well have discovered the first Shuffle car adapter. :p

*spoke too soon ... Suffle car adapter and a swivel for those small cars.

peace | neut

19. wide macrumors 6502a

oy, this would be great if it had a headphone jack.

20. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

but you don't own one, right? does anyone own one? does it really work with the Shuffle?

21. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I suggest you guys better get to a doctor pronto if your sex organ looks like this. Looks pretty painful...

22. neut macrumors 68000

neut

no Shuffle here ... just a Photo. :D

it is written that this one works well. :)

peace | neut