Good for Icon-Changing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by amateurmacfreak, Mar 5, 2006.

1. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys use Candybar, and if so, what it was like, if you like it , if there's something better (or free) etc....
    So, thanks!:)
    That's about it.... just looking to make my desktop reflect my style...:)

2. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

ya i used it once but it wouldn't change my Computer icon in the finder which is what I really wanted it to change. I dont understand why on my iBook which came out near the end of 05 I have a computer icon of a g4 iMac. Couldn't they have changed it to a picture of...oh i dont know....an iBOOK!!

3. Lau Guest

I use it, and it's good - easy and straightforward to change the icons. I just bought it because with the exchange rate it was pretty cheap.

The only thing is that sometimes an icon randomly changes back - the dock finder icon is particularly sticky sometimes. I don't think this is necessarily Candybar though, as it may well also happen when you change System icons manually.

Overall I'd say pony up the $12 for Candybar though - it's not that much and works really well.

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Actually... if you get CandybarPlus then you get CandyBar and Pixadex together! That's what I got. It does make icon swapping a bit faster/smoother.

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I purchased CandyBar and it is excellent - I definitely recommend it. Sure, the majority of the icons you can just change manually, and if you put a bit of effort into it you can hack into your Finder, etc. icons too, but this app just makes it so simple and painless.