Good FPS on the PSP

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlBDamned, Aug 2, 2005.

1. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Can anyone name a good, available, first person shooter out for the PSP.

Is there a Halo equivalent out there?

2. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Shyea right... PSP kinda new for any good shooters socoms gonna be released soon and there was a random level generation shooter that got ok reviews... If your pressed for cash I reccomend waiting

Deffinitely no halo =

3. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Doom/Doom2... seriously. FPS would suck without the other analogue stick, and its a non-issue in Doom because you cant look up or down anyway :D

4. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Sorry that was a mistake. Obviously there is no Halo 'equivalent', but something along those lines. ;)

Socom is more squad based though and I'm not too keen on them. Never got on with any of the Conflict: series on the XBOX and PS2. It also might look a bit weird wearing a headset and telling people to 'move to point X' and 'attack' while on the train. :eek:

5. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Good point. I reckon they could get round it by using a mixture of the square/triangle buttons for forwards/backwards and left/right and the analogue stick for up and down, but it's a compromise and wouldn't be as good as having two analogues.

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Coded Arms is probably the best FPS shooter for the PSP right now. The controls are not bad at all, you can customize til you are tired and get them exactly how you feel most comfortable. I rented it last week, but I think I am going to buy it this week (I rent all my games first before buying, $50 for a portable game is just not worth experimenting with). The game is pretty easy in the beginning, as it should because it does take a bit to get used to the sensitivity of the controls, but it does get harder. The graphics really show off what the PSP is capable to doing too.

7. diddy macrumors 6502

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

you might want to try that control style with Metroid Prime Hunters. its a massive pain, hell i haven't come close to mastering it.

as for the doom thing, google Doom Legacy :rolleyes: or any new doom launcher. seriously mouse look has been standard in non-official Doom's now for years.

9. Macamus Prime macrumors regular

I have Coded Arms. I do not like it. The control is bad and the graphics are not that great. The game feels very primative. I would suggest waiting until something better comes along, or go the hacker route and get Doom running on your PSP.

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I doubt there will be a lot of PSP FPS. The PSP only has one analog stick, on the left. Right handed people will have to use the buttons to look up, left, right, and down, which is EXTREMELY hard.

The DS is much better suited for FPS, with the touchscreen.

11. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

I might give it a whirl though. The screen shots look good and it's gotta be better than Dead to Rights which is getting a little repetitive about now.

Still not sure how to do the whole EMU thing though as I've never used one before.