Good free games for a 7 year old?

Discussion in 'Games' started by eclipse, Nov 18, 2005.

1. eclipse macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Know where I can download some old classics or easy new games that would be fun for a 7 year old boy? Space Invaders would probably make him sad as he's a sensitive kid, but something simple and fun and hopefully creative, and TRULY free would be great.

we have a G5 and yet would run classic 90's or even 80's games if they were right for a 7 year old. He's a good kid, Harry, but had a rough year last year with Leukaemia :( and is in remission now, but wow. What a year. He'd love to play some games that he can win now and then without them being too easy.

Cheers, this is a cool site.

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Have a look through
    MacGameFiles This includes demos, patches, shareware, and a few full games(cheap free ones) etc. Sorry I don't know any specific sites for free games.

I hope he gets better

3. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Cheers. He's very good now... and his chances are great thanks. There's only an 8% chance of relapse, so he's good.

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

There's also lots of online games at nick.com or disney.com that kids like, because they're based on cartoon characters and the like. Star Wars is his latest kick, and has some kids games, too.

5. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

www.gltron.org

maybe it's too sophisticated, maybe not. I just threw the idea on the table... :)

6. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

7. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

8. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

Try family.ca! Lot's of little fun. I once saw a mac game inspired by a young boy fighting cancer, and his wish was to make a video game. In the game you would skateboard around converting the evil cancerous cells into healthy ones. It was both easy and addictive, but unfortunatley I do not remember the name. It was part of the "make a wish" foundation.