Good gamecube emulator?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by OSXGuru007, Jan 3, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm looking for ANY mac gamecube emulators, I do not care if they are command-line or GUI. Know of any good ones?

2. macrumors 68000

lewis82

I know there has once been one in developpement, but it has been abandonned since a couple of years...

I don't remember the name, but Google is your friend :)

3. macrumors member

You could try compiling Dolphin for OS X, or run it in Boot Camp. Or you could buy a GameCube, since they're cheap as hell now. Saw one in a GameStop for $30.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

You're problably thinking of gcube. Searched for it, but all the links were broken. Any other options? :confused:

5. macrumors newbie

MerlinX

hey need a no Cd emulator

Emulator's are made so we do not have to buy the game this burn cd or download it onto a cd suks. They need a emulator that does not require a cd and fools the computer into thinking a cd is playing. I wanna play resident evil remake for gamecube but im told to do so I have to burn a copy no thank you I might as well just buy a gamecube. If they can do it with snes emulator than they need to do it with emulators that require cd.

6. Isair, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011

macrumors member

Isair

Just mount the cd image...

Also I'm on my iPhone right now so if anybody can tell me the name of a solid gamecube emulator for windows, I can make a wine/cider port of it when I get back home.

7. macrumors member

As I mentioned before, Dolphin is the only one that's even halfway decent. But it'll most likely be impossible to get any games running at full speed on a Mac.