Good games for IBook 600MHz?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chacala_Nayarit, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

Hi,

My used iBook runs surprisingly "fast". A handbrake DVD rip took only 4 hours, compared to the 500MHz iBook G3 at 8-9 hours, for a movie of similiar standard. I was thinking maybe some games would run well at low setting or 2 D.

Any suggestions and titles?

Thank you.

2. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

The original Sims plays very well on the older iBooks.

Perhaps Unreal Tournament 2004 would work too.

3. Xenesis macrumors regular

Xenesis

You're not going to get good speed with UT2k4 on a G3 iBook. Period. I tried the demo on my 900G3 and it chugged quite severely. I can't imagine it being playable on the 600.

UT2k3, however should run alright, providing you've got a ton of ram, it runs decently on my 900 with 640mb Ram.

Anyhow, as our computers are basically indentical, apart from a few Mhz, I'll give some suggestions:

Deux Ex: This game is immersive and great. I recommend a playthrough of this game, it's OS9 only though, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Diablo II: Runs flawlessly, and has a Carbon App too.

Escape Velocity/EVO/EV Nova: Space Privateer game series. Well worth a play.

Heroes of Might and Magic III/IV: HIII should run flawlessly, but is OS9 only. Heroes Four would be a bit sluggish, but being a turn based game it won't matter that much. They're different enough though.

Total Annihilation: A better RTS than Starcraft IMO, and it should run like silk on an iBook.

That's a good list to get you started.