good games for powerbooks/ibooks?

Discussion in 'Games' started by asherman13, Dec 11, 2005.

1. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

hey everybody,

i'm looking for answers to the following two questions:

what's a good game to buy and play on a current powerbook?
    what's a good game to buy and play on a G3 iBook?

thanks!

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

On the G3 defenitley check out Uplink: Hakcers Elite, great game and very addicting, the demo is a big dissapointment though.

3. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

The current powerbooks can run any game currently available for the mac so you have a pretty wide array of choices for that one

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

You could take a look at Game Agent – a little app that tells you how well (or how not so well) Aspyr titles will run on your setup. As ColdFlame87 mentions though, the PowerBook should be able to handle current games without too much complaint.

5. Indiana Mac macrumors member

I can't say much for current powerbooks, but for a G3 ibook(this is based on my 700mhz 16vram machine):

Civ3(especially since they are finally coming out with the expansion pack)
    Europa Universalis II
    The Sims
    Age of Empires 2
    Victoria : An Empire Under the Sun

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just ran game agent on a current mode l powerbook. GameAgent bascially passed every game to play on the machine, so you should be fine. What they could add to make it a bit more acurate is the expected settings (resolution etc..) that would suit your hardware.

Doom 3 passed on the powerbook, but while I know it runs, it's gonna be a low setting dog, rather than the high setting screenshot graphics whore. That discrepancy should be factored into the results.

Anyway, the only game I've played lately on my powerbook is Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Again you can't max out the settings, but it still looks lovely and I just love rollercoaster tycoon games.

(I have the same on the pc + 2 expansions; but still bought it for my mac so I could play it when i'm away at the weekends :) it's that good)