Good headset for voice chat

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by noel4r, Feb 3, 2006.

1. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Can anyone recommend a good headset for the voice chat over the internet? I saw Plantronics Audio 85 at the Apple Store and wasn't sure if this is any good. Thanks y'all...

2. automator macrumors newbie

That's a good headset. I have one and I'm pretty happy with it. It's pretty comfortable and easy to adjust. Oh and it's foldable too so it won't take up so much space if you wanna store it. I'm always very careful with it though coz I'm afraid it'll snap if I'm not. Sound from the headphones is good, and the mic gives you good voice quality. Not like the cheap $5 analog ones which don't even work on macs.

Check out this article for a short review and some pictures:

http://pinoymaclovers.blogspot.com/2007/01/plantronics-audio85-usb-headset.html

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm using a Logitech USB headset, model 350. It's not as comfortable as I'd hoped but it does have noise cancelling and the audio is very good.

4. happy.buddha macrumors member

happy.buddha

I actually bought a PS2 USB headset for $10 and it works perfectly, plug it in and it was recognized and it sounds pretty good.

5. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

The Audio Advantage Amigo works really well. The sound quality is excellent. I got it for about $30 although I see from the link the msrp is $39. Although they seem to market it as a sound card with an included headset, It is really just a usb headset. I guess the point is that you can easily swap a headset for headphones if you want.

link: http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/audioadv/amigo/producthome.asp