good ibook mouse? wireless perferred. please post

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by fuijin, Sep 7, 2004.

1. fuijin macrumors newbie

Aug 23, 2004
    i have the top of the line ibook right now, just got it saturday(love macs now btw, my first) and im looking for a mouse with left and right click and scroll, and if it has additional buttons thats ok, but it needs to be wireless, im not sure if ibook comes with bluetooth. suggestions?
  2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    I've used or owned most of them. My pick, the Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer.
  3. Funkatation macrumors regular

Dec 29, 2001
  4. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2004
    I have the Kensington StudioMouse Wireless and love it. It has a base to recharge the batteries.
  5. dav macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2004
    Just give in and get the Apple Mouse... You know you want it ;)
  6. fuijin thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 23, 2004
    i do want it. but damnit i want the scroll, and right click. lol :)
  7. beatle888 macrumors 68000

Feb 3, 2002
    i have the IntelliMouse Explorer too and like it as well but its heavy compared to other mice. And you have that big sensor you have to plug into a usb port. I solved that problem by getting a laptop bag that doesnt require you to remove the computer from the bag... i just put the mouse sensor in one of the pockets and leave it plugged in to the computer. It works. Now if your computer had bluetooth then you could just buy a bluetooth mouse and the two devices should be able to sense each other without any extra hardware. there arent many out there so i dont think you'll have a hard time choosing.
  8. t300 macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2004
    Only one mouse should be on anyone's mind right now:

9. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    I'll take the Logitech wireless thank you very much. It comes in 4 colors, Gray, Red, Blue, Black. It's $33, no tax, free shipping from

Mobility Without Compromise

* Compact size is easy to toss into a briefcase but comfortable enough to use as your regular mouse in either hand
    * The small, sleek USB receiver plugs easily into your notebook
    * Fast RF cordless technology delivers the responsiveness and accuracy of a corded device... but without the clutter
    * Advanced optical sensor provides smooth, trouble-free operation... no mousepad required
    * Carrying case makes it easy to pack up and take anywhere
    * On/off switch maximizes battery life
    * Comes with three pre-programmed buttons, or customize them yourself with Logitech MouseWare® software
    * Five-year limited hardware warranty

Package Contents

* Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse for Notebooks
    * Fast RF cordless receiver
    * CD with MouseWare® software
    * Installation guide
    * Two AA batteries
    * Carrying case

System Requirements
    IBM® or compatible PC

* Windows® 98, 2000, Me, XP
    * USB port
    * CD-ROM drive

Macintosh® system

* Macintosh® OS 8.6 or later
    * USB port
  10. DVW86 macrumors member

Jan 1, 2004
    Washington State
    I agree with Funkatation and FuzzyBallz. The Logitech travel mouse is the best non-Bluetooth wireless mouse that I have seen for the notebook. I own one myself. If I wanted a Bluetooth mouse I would also opt for "The Mouse" like t300 mentioned.
  11. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
  12. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

Aug 5, 2003
    First, you have to be sure and check if bluetooth comes with your iBook, if yes, get the Logitech MX900 as many people say it's a good option for 2 buttons & scrolling, if not I recommend you to get better a wired mouse over those that need a big external adaptor... ok, it's a matter of taste, but we're here to recommend... so just listen.. ;)

I have BT integrated and will be getting the Apple mouse soon...

by now I'm carrying the wired version I got from a friend and it rules... again, it's a matter of taste, it has a very short wire :)

Attached Files: