good idea

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kjdenison, Jan 5, 2004.

1. kjdenison macrumors 6502

so when they ask me how can i help you?... i should say... Hi I recently purchased a Cinema Display in July, and i powered it on this morning, and in the upper left hand corner there is a like black blotchy area. I am very unsatisfied, and need to know what I can do to resolve this, because I paid this much money for this, and now I cant even work in that corner of my display. Any other ideas of what i should say?? I really need to get this returned, or fixed. THANKS!!

2. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

for below

this is for the post below about the 20" cinema display, sorry i am obviously accident prone and clicked the wrong button. AHHH! not a good day.

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I'd just bring it into an AppleGenius Bar in an Apple Store rather than phoning support.

4. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

If you have a local Apple Store, the Genius Bar people are usually very good about doing replacements. Just take the monitor to the table, have them plug it in, and they'll go into the back and get you a new one. Are you sure that it's the monitor that's broken? I'd look at the graphics card first, but that's because I haven't had a very good experience with ATI cards that come from Elbonia. Did you unplug the monitor and plug it in again? Did you reboot the system and try changing the resolution settings to see what happens to the problem area? Doing this before calling AppleCare avoids frustration if you're asked silly questions by the Apple representative, although you should only have to say that part of the screen is dead and that you need a replacement.