1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iPad Good iPad speaker?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by forza69, Dec 5, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

forza69

So I want to get my brother a good Bluetooth speaker for his iPad 3 for Christmas. He watches movies/TV shows a lot so good sound quality is an obvious must with little to no distortion when the volume is high. I'm trying to keep it under $150 but if I have to I'll go up to $200. Any suggestions? TIA.

2. macrumors 601

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors member

Jawbone Jambox is pretty good, however if you need a little more volume the Big Jambox is great but blows away your budget.

5. macrumors 68030

The new beats PILL is better than the jam box....had both....

6. macrumors 6502a

forza69

I've read some negative reviews on it so I'm a little iffy about spending that much ($200) on something that will probably suck. I'll stop by best buy later today and try it out for myself. Maybe those people he defective units.

7. macrumors regular

8. macrumors 6502a

forza69

Really liked this one and almost all of the reviews are great! Just went out to Best Buy and bought it. Hopefully my brother likes it, thanks!

9. macrumors regular

Another vote for Jambox by Jawbone Excellent sound and cool looking to boot. I liken so much I got two, and another as a perfect little gift much appreciated.

10. macrumors 68040

I have both the Big Jambox and the SoundLink and there is no comparison. The SoundLink has 100x the bass and sound clarity. As many many reviews point out, the SoundLink is far superior in almost every way. And this is coming from me, who's not a Bose fanboy.

11. macrumors 6502

The only thing I didn't like about the Sound link was the volume. It is very quiet and you don't have a speaker phone. Though I agree with you the sound quality was better than the big Jambox.

12. macrumors 68040

Hmm, I haven't had the volume issue with either of the devices, so I can't comment to that.