Good Job guys!

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by trainguy77, Sep 22, 2005.

1. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Good Job. We have passed General [M]ayhem YES! Lets keep up the good work! :D

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

3. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

4. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

Sorry I am used to talking about folding here without needing to explain. Yes our folding team(macrumors) has just passed another team.

5. Err macrumors member

6. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

We did? O Great, it's about time! Only 329 days to go and we pass SilentPCreview. I think it's time to taunt them already!! :D
    BTW, why haven't we taunt Mayhem??

7. carpe diem macrumors 6502

8. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

Here is the FAQ:http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=21908

It uses only spare CPU cycles so it will not slow down your computer any. It helps study proteins for medical purposes. I would love for you to get involved! :D

Here is a great script made right here in house by mc68k it makes folding start automatically on start up of your machine. So you will not be bothered with it. And then you can check how far it is by typing work into the terminal. http://calnet.sdsu.edu/mc68k/

I hope you will join us!

9. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I am on an all time low, I currently have Zero macintosh computers folding. My Dual G5 crashes if I have it folding for more then 8 hours, and I won't install it on my ibook for heat reasons.

I need to get my dual G4 back from my friends house, and get my G4 B&W back into the fold. They never crashed, just take a long time to fold.

10. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Too bad Quadra, you can let your iBook fold, I do the same when I use it. The heat isn't that bad, but it sure takes a long time to finish a WU.

11. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Well I got the B&W back up and running today. It is a G4 500, so it can sometimes get one WU complete a week. I will try the G5 again when I get my new drives and memory installed.

I still have 2 P4 3.6 GHZ folding part time, and my 1.8 GHZ Dell laptop added to that as well. It keeps me gaining points, but not positions. For me it is just to help the project. Though passing people up is fun from time to time :)

12. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

it sure is! Too bad I'm now in a position that everyone is passing me at this point... :(