Good looking external hard drive?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by advocation, Dec 26, 2006.

1. advocation macrumors member

I'm looking for a good looking external hard drive, preferably just the casing, but with the hard drive in allready would work also..

It has to look good though as I have no real way of hiding it! By good looking, I mean in-fitting with a Macbook Pro with iCurve and apple wireless keyboard and mighty mouse!

2. diego2k7 macrumors newbie

diego2k7

For my money it doesn't get much better than the Western Digital My Book series. I'd recommend going with the Pro edition since it comes in silver and has a firewire 400/800 interface in addition to the standard usb 2.0.

3. ghostee macrumors 6502

Macally makes some nice looking enclosures that would match well with the MBP. I've owned one for over a year, and have had no problems. The build quality is excellent.

4. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Lacie are nice looking. But the one crees! is referring to is meant for the Mac mini.

Look here.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

"Two above". My link's not a mini drive. :)

6. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Just because it's shaped like a mini and can be stacked on a mini doesn't mean it's only for a mini. I bought one to use with my PowerBook. Once that one gets filled I'll purchase another and stack it right on top. I bought it because of its stackableness (if even that's a word).