good luck on exams...

Discussion in 'Community' started by mgargan1, May 13, 2004.

1. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

well, it's exam time, and I just wanna wish ya'll good luck on exams... as for me, I have one in an hour, and I don't feel like cramming for it. So I'm just gonna go in there with an open mind, and hopefully I'll do fine. By the way, it's chem. which is pretty straight forward, except when they ask me those stupid, if you have 5M of HCl, and you put it in 34mL of a 2M NaOH solution, what would the pH be... I don't like those questions... but again good luck to ya'll...

and to the people that are too young to take exams, just wait, and to the people who are out of college, lucky bastards... :)

2. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Yes! Godspeed, everyone.

Which college do you go to by the way? Is it a MD one? Well, I think where I go to is pretty obvious :)

3. mgargan1 thread starter macrumors 65816

mgargan1

good ol' 13th grade... hardvard on the pike, yale on the rail... monkey college... good ol' montgomery college... yea it's just too expensive to go anywhere else, when i can get the same credits at MC and transfer and get a degree from there...

4. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

"monkey"-no clearer indication that you've lived in Maryland :)

Yes...I too am taking a few courses @ good ol' MK (Monkey Kollege lol). Diff Eq raped me when I was @ CP (one of many pre-Engineering req's), so I'm hoping my 2nd try at MK will prove more fruitful.

5. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Just had my exam a week ago. I managed a 63% on it :eek: But I did well on the practical exam, and that carried my grade. I managed a 74% in the class. BTW, it's a class to become a Cisco Certified Network Administrator (?) (CCNA). Now I'm into the summer semester; I'm taking a class on linux. So far I like it. :)

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Bloody exams, every year it's the same at my Uni, some lamebrain can't finish an exam, so goes to the toilet and hits the fire alarm on the way, everyone trolls out for 45 mins while the fire-engines arrive and work oout there's no fire....

Three bloody times already this week... :mad:

Arse... :mad:

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Have any of you ever had an exam where you are allowed exactly one 8-1/2x11 sheet of notes?

I had a couple of finals like that. I'm saving my "legal cheat sheet" from my set theory (math) class as a souvenir. It is a masterpiece of teeny tiny writing! For that class, I wrote everything I could possibly need to know on two sides of a single piece of paper. I did refer to it during the test, but most likely it was the process of creating it (going over what to write down) that helped me prepare for the test. Aced it, in fact.

8. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

We're allowed this for my class, Mechanics of Materials (sophmore year Engineering school "weeder" class).

If you're an engineer, I think you can imagine how many formulas you have to use and remember *_*

9. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I just took that final. Way easy for me. we got a page too and the professor decided to make it multiple choice. I think I got 100%...

P-Worm

10. King Cobra macrumors 603

Nope, but for all three of my intro. to Java exams (COS 160), I was allowed three such cheat sheets (which sorta helped). I would have managed an A- or better if I understood what "missing program requirements" meant, even after making sure that I programmed the application to do exactly as it should...turns out the "requirements" were really the input examples that came with the directions...bah! I hate it when exams/the like aren't explained clearly and cost me part of my grade! [​IMG]

Ahh, this thread started after I took all my exams, of course, and only 44 minutes after I finished my last final. Go figure. I think I did pretty well anyways...these are the final exam grades for my General Physics 2 class. The left column represents identity codes that most test takers used for their tests so that the person knows only what he/she got. (I'm the one with "07645" -- the highest score in the class, as well.) Calculus B was easy, but today's exam, Intro. Macroeconomics, involved so much writing...three hours for me, 60-100 minutes avg. for the rest of the class....my handwriting sucks bad, and so I wrote using 3rd grade print through almost all of the exam.

This semester, though, no cheat sheets for any of the exams.

11. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

HOW in the world is that test multiple choice? Is your engineering school a tier-1 program? Multiple choice in ANY engineering courses is simply unheard of at UofMD...now if you're in a bs major like communication or criminology then i see this happening...

12. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Haha, sour grapes. Actually, it wasn't meant to be multiple choice, all the previous tests were hand written and I still spanked em. The professor was really strapped for time and he said the only way he would be able to get the grades done on time was to make it MC. He said that we all lucked out, and we did.

P-Worm

13. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

haha sour grapes is right--I can't tell you how many people I've met who are in there 2nd/3rd time through the course b/c the final dropped their grade from a B to a D (and engineering school demands C or better in ENxx courses, this course being ENES220).

-edit-
    DUDE that's the painting from Thomas Crown Affair. haha, nice touch.

14. wwidgirl macrumors member

wwidgirl

Finished undergrad

Well I finished my exams in April and was a little concerned that I either failed an exam or ****ed something else up but a few days ago I got my grades and Passed everything. I am now finished my undergraduate education.

Program completed.

Graduation Spring Convocation.

Deans Honor List.

Next step, law school.

15. Blackstealth macrumors regular

Whoa. Haven't had that happen yet in 4yrs of study - and I go to University of Bradford :p. And if it doesn't happen in the next 3 weeks then I'll have gone through my entire education without it happening (Yes, I am counting down the minutes to graduation...).

16. Angelus macrumors 6502

I have seven exams done and three to go.
    So far they've gone ok although i'm worried bout my repro,growth and ageing exam cos i had a total blank for some of the questions :(

17. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I've taken 2 exams so far, have a CS exam in 3 and a half hours, and a philosophy (logic, sets, and functions) exam tomorrow, and then I'm done, and get to pack up my stuff in my dorm room...

My calculus exam was fun... I got a 79, but the class average is so low, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get an A in the class...

I'm not worried about my CS exam, though... I've gotten A's on the two previous midterms, and I'm pretty good at this stuff...

18. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

i finished my semester exams last week. This week was the start of my summer vaction. My grades just got posted online, turns out that i made the Dean's List, i got a 3.5 GPA. 2 B's, and 2 A's. One of my exams was worth 200 pts., and i got a 65% on it. It was a TECH 308 class, but i some how managed to get a B in the class.

19. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

haha that 79 probably turns out to be a mid-A after the curve. In the same way, I got 138/200 on my Calc II exam, but the average was closer to 60-70/200's, so that boosted by measly C+/- semester grade to a near B+ !

Hence, the benefits of being in a weeder class with a curve haha.