Good Mac compatible bluetooth dongles?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by WannabeSQ, Sep 11, 2003.

1. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

I just got a SE T616 and would like to start syncing with my address book/iCal with bluetooth. What would be a good brand or model to check out, without breaking the bank? I don't need range, as it wont be more than 3 feet away from the computer, I just want compatibility and ease of use.

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I've got the Belkin USB bluetooth adaptor. It works great. Range is decent, certainly more than enough for your needs. Got it for about $30 from Macconection I think. Its got a bright blue LED that flashed a lot, some think its cool, but I just put some electrical tape over it :rolleyes:.

3. gello2424 macrumors member

I also have the Belkin USB bluetooth adapter have not had a single problem with it does work just fine with the T616 I used it today to add some pictures to my phone today......If you try to use it on Windows good luck I have had nothing but problems.

4. logicat2001 macrumors regular

Hello,

I've got a D-Link DWB-120M. I used it with my Sony-Ericsson T68i for both iSync calendar and contacts syncing and manually moving notes and background graphics for my phone. The first time I tried to sync, I was amazed how it just worked (this was the first time I ever tried using Bluetooth). It's super tiny and worked flawlessly with Apple's own Bluetooth drivers.

I now own a 12" PowerBook that includes internal Bluetooth and no longer need the external dongle.

If you're interested, I'm selling the DWB-120M in original box w/manual and installation guide for $35 and free shipping. If I don't hear from you I'm putting it up on eBay, so no worries.

Best,
    Logicat

5. WannabeSQ thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweet, $35 seems to be a good deal, especially with free shipping. I will PM you with more info.

6. Xero macrumors 6502

i would check out belkins website. they have refurb. bluetooth usb adapters for $24.

7. goglamosh macrumors member

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I have a, um, well, the company begins with the letter "A" and it's not Asanté. It usually works, but lately, it's been giving me problems that neither a log out/in or a restart seem to fix (yes, I reset the PRAM too). Seem to work fine for a month and a half, then stop for a week...